Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pendleslotracing have announced that Scalextric are maintaining the prices for the 2004 range at 2003 levels, and in addition are actually reducing the prices for certain models in 2004!

This in spite of a brand new chassis and even more slot racing fun coming our way courtesy of Scalextric in 2004!

This move has to be applauded.

Moped

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
Not to be negative, because I love seeing prices held in check as much as anyone else, but it could also be a signal that Scaley are seeing greater competition than they might like. This could be a move on their part to ensure maximum market penetration. When a key manufacturer holds, or drops, prices, it can have a ripple effect throughout an industry. Sometimes, the result is that lesser players get forced out. We're in a boom era, and that's when this kind of shakeup often occurs.

If Scaley is simply acknowledging that they have no need to raise prices, then I applaud their move.

But if they are doing this as part of an aggressive new strategy, I'm not sure that it will be good for us in the long run.

My devil's advocate speech...

·
Registered
263 Posts
In the aussie market scalextric do seem to have the best perfomance and highly detailed RTR cars available.
A fly car is that close to doubleit's silly!
$40.00 will buy any unpainted scaley car.
$52.00 will buy any normal release scaley car.
$56.00 will buy any limited or sport edition cars.

Fly are $99.00
Ninco are $65.00
Slot It are $89.00

Just to give you all an idea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts