SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I presently have a 1/43 track that measures 4 1/2' x 11 1/2' and want to run an Tyco HO scale track above it, either with the same footprint or slightly smaller. Problem is that I have no idea how to do this. Does anyone have any ideas on stacking seperate tracks above one another. I want to install lighting under the top track to give adequate lighting to the bottom one and I don't want any braces in the front to interfere with the view of the bottom track. I was thinking of mounting 1 by 4s equal spacing along the back of the bottom track, and attaching brackets for the top track to mount to. Then running cable to each corner of the top track from the ceiling to adequately hold it up. Any ideas or input would be appreciated and if you've done this type of thing and have pictures, all the better. I have the lumber, have the track, just don't have the space any other way.

·
Greg Gaub
14,966 Posts
I guess it depends on what kind of space (room) it's in, and what kind of table you have set up already.
Have you looked at/considered a table that flips over and has a layout on each side?

·
Rich Dumas
3,589 Posts
Here is a table that flips over, there is an HO track on one side and a 1/43rd track on the other side.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Your solution with cables might work just fine and provide ample access. As an alternative, you could run solid panels up from the back and sides that would support the top track and create a scenic backdrop for the bottom track. The lighting you add might make this backdrop look cool, but access would be more limited.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts