SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
A while back I made a small scenic rally loop layout LINK when i started this project a searched around for grass flocking methods and whilst there are a number of DIY options out there to make static grass applicators the Noch Gras Master seemed the best on the market. That said they are expensive to buy. I was extremely lucky and Doug loaned me his unit to use on this project - thanks Doug.

So with the other end of the loop in the early planning stages and others around the Farnham area making new stages for use on SlotrallyGB 2012 i wanted to get my own unit to use. This i now have.

When i was doing the loop, I know if I had been able to rent a Noch Gras Master I would have, so it only seems fair to offer this to Slotforum members. With Doug's permission i can now offer a Noch Gras Master unit to rent to Slotforum Plus members in the UK.

What i propose is to offer the unit for rent at £20 per month plus a returnable deposit of £100 (cheque) plus postage (because of the value of the unit this will be registered and insured and will cost £7.00) - you would also need to send the unit back to me via the same method. Collection/return in person is fine - especially if at a SlotRallyGB event.

The unit also needs a 9Volt battery - which you would need to provide and remove before return. Flocking material would not come with the unit.

Typical results;

There are some step by step pics and info in this post and a short video

I'm sure I will have missed some imortant information and details, but if you would like to rent the unit please drop me a PM.

Sorry i can't offer this outside the UK or to non Slotforum Plus members.

Gareth

·
Registered
455 Posts
That's an amazing tool . Just out of interest - how much does it cost to cover a square foot of board ? I had a quick look and the grass itself is priced from about £3 for 20g .I'm guessing 20g isn't going to go far ?

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Geoff

Good question and one to which i don't have an accurate answer!

So i can only base it on my (limit) experience.

I bought the longest grass they had from Noch (6mm) and used one bag to do my entire loop. I vacumed off the access after drying and used an old pair of (my wifes) tights to collect the residue. I don't think i used an entire bag. The loop was 1100mm x 950mm but has lots of other surfaces (track, cobbled street, building). I think my bags were 30g not 20g?

I know there are some cheaper (non Noch) brands around for nylon flock - can't imagine it makes any difference so perhaps try some of the cheaper offerings.

I'm not going to get a chance for a while to do an accurate test, but if i do i will post here.

·
Phil B.
3,763 Posts
I think our Russ (Deslotit) will be a likely candidate for hiring this, we were talking about grass this week.
If you fancy doing a test on something bring it with you this weekend

Cheers - Phil

·
Jon Grainger
3,825 Posts
Hi Gareth,

I'd be up for this, sometime next month maybe? How 'tough' is the grass? Would it be best to do it last thing in the project, or is it sturdy enough to do work around it (building's/other scenery etc)?

Cheers
Jon

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Jon

So far it appears sturdy, but I would definitely leVe until last, working around buildings etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts