Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
I have two of these cars (Brabham BT55 and McLaren MP4/2C) and despite a few imperfections I like them. Some of the issues are:
Body did not fit correctly on the shell (BT55) - sorted with a bit of grinding
Front wing snags the guide (MP4/2C) - sorted with a bit of carving
Rear wing is too high (both)

HOWEVER
Both cars run well, overall look great and provide versions of cars not readily available (the SRS 2C is very blob-like compared to the Nonno version).

(The review is a fair summary of the cars.)

I like them and intend to buy more once the funds are available. The RTR price is high but the kits more resonable.

If you are not a rivet counter and are happy to tinker with a kit, then I would recommend them.

Cheers,
Philip

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi,

I just ordered 4 cars (3 RTR and 1 kit) for myself and a few guys from our club. They're on the way as we speak 1 Mclaren MP4/2C, Ferrari and two Tolemans. As soon as they arrive I'll put up some pics and let you know how I find them.

I really like the niche they're trying to fill. 86 leiger and Lola look like they're next out.

·
Registered
212 Posts
QUOTE (VicElfordFan @ 20 Sep 2012, 12:29) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi 90s F1 Kid,

Did those Nonnos arrive ok?

Would love to see some pics!!! Any thoughts on them?

Regards

Hi,

Not arrived as yet. I know Marco in Italy is flat out with orders.

In our last emails he did indicate he had worked to fix some of the issues as previously reported back to him.

Would be good to hear from others who have received some of his cars recently to see if the issues are resolved.

Will post pics once I receive - have added the Ligier to my order as well

Cheerss,

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, all Nonno's arrived! They are great, just tough to get,
very please, I already re-ordered.

ncng

1 - 10 of 10 Posts