SlotForum banner
21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Yes the flood has been one of the worst natural disasters ever seen in Australia, but it has brought a city together, the amount of people who have been willing to volunteer their time to help clean up is amazing, and everything was well organized which was truly amazing. Very testing times for so many i am one of the lucky ones who had no flooding at my house but a few houses 2 streets away were up to the 2nd story in water.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yes 6 cars is great! I am always looking forward to the monthly race meets as nothing beats having the 6 cars running and having drivers of equal skill level, makes for some interesting passing moves

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Track's looking great John. Would love to be able to have a belt around it sometime. Ahh, well.

Glad you managed to keep your toes dry an have turned back the flood tides, but did you have to send them down this way??!!

Embs

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
QUOTE (Ember @ 17 Jan 2011, 18:05) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Track's looking great John. Would love to be able to have a belt around it sometime. Ahh, well.

Glad you managed to keep your toes dry an have turned back the flood tides, but did you have to send them down this way??!!

Embs

Cheers Embs, ah well if you are ever up QLD way you will be more than welcome to stop in and have a go, yes it seems the rain has gone further south, hope it doesnt get as bad as it was here

John

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hi guys, i had my first proper racemeet today and it was a great turnout we had 12 drivers exactly which made for 2 full groups so we had 4 heat races and 2 finals an A-final and a B-final was excellent fun with some great racing using V8 supercars here is a link to the footage that i took while marshalling Johns slotcar meet footage

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
QUOTE (Billy_Cart @ 6 Feb 2011, 21:57) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great videos, the track races as good as it looks, were they mag or non-mag V8's being used?

Thanks, all of my cars had mag removed with weight added, most cars with all my v8's weigh about 110 grams except new FG which i generally run around 100 all cars had MJK Tyres except my Winterbottom FG and another FG which had 20x10 slot it F22 compound race rubber which i think performs a little better on my track

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Nah mate it is only 6 cars. Would be great to try more if it were possible

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Hi All,
Its been a few months but here are some pics of how the track and Scenery is progressing, we have also changed from PBPro to the new APB with the high power mod and the lastest version of SSD Console and our race meets starting to get very popular too, i will also put a link in to more scenery pics

Track Scenery Album

Cheers John

·
Greg Gaub
14,987 Posts
Looks great! Do you have a race coming up that you're wanting to get the scenery ready for? I'd love to see some more racing action on that track.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
QUOTE (MrFlippant @ 5 Sep 2011, 14:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looks great! Do you have a race coming up that you're wanting to get the scenery ready for? I'd love to see some more racing action on that track.

Thanks Mr F, i have a racemeet this Sunday so i will try to get some footage this week

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Hi again, i had a raceday today and got a lttle bit of footage from my mobile phone (excuse the quality as i was trying to marshall at the same time) anyway here is the link Wood SSD Track vids

Cheers John

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
John,

What tricks do you use to keep the V8's on the track without so many deslots when you race without magnets, is it the tyres, road surface, added wegiht, lowering car body or just good drivers?

21 - 40 of 85 Posts