Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Righto, quicky review of the day here (do something more purposeful later on)

Once again, great day with loads of slot-jockeys milling about, with 55 registered drivers the room was filled nicely with a large crowd and there was the kitchen staff and others knocking about and helping the action.

laps were anything from 7.8 set by R McKie as far as I know anyway, mine were somewhat behind cant think why?

my laps (when my car worked properly) were roughly about 8.5/8.6 a little bit off the pace but I was not worried however when I lost grip almost entirely after a couple of races I was pretty much screwed for the rest of the day having to change tyres and wheels and having no end of problems with gearing, motor and other bent or twisted parts.

All in all a good day and I will get some results up once Jim mails me.

So I would like to say thanks to, Jim, Rob Lyons, John Bailey for hosting/making the event possible, the kitchen staff from keeping the hunger gremlins away with their oat cakes and toasties, to Alfa for making me some round tyres, Mickl for the loan of some tyres and nail varnish, oh I found your lippy by the way.. and for letting me knock 7 shades of ***** out of his car for pure entertainment for ourselves and the rest of the marshals in the final
too funny mate too funny

·
Registered
26 Posts
HI all
great day had at north staffs, id like say thanks to all who made it possible, Jim and all people at north staffs, good racing and good fun. Look forward to seeing u all at hamilton in april for 2nd round.

p.s my sides still hurt!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Just to add my little bit.
North Staffs provided us with a fiendly and at times a somewhat cosy environment to be in. I'd like also to further thank everyone who pulled the event together. Great turn out of drivers from a variety of clubs. Oo and thanks to Rob and **** for entertaining us all during the finals.

Seemed like large majority of the field ran Fly Racer 911 GT1-98s, apart from the winner who ran a SCX R8 chassis with a Hornby 962 body and shockingly a NC-2! There was a few Slot-It 952s but they weren't favourite today, I ran 1, which may have been a mistake.
anyhow...
Look forward to seeing the Porsche Open Crowd at Hamilton!

James

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi Guys,
the porsche open season 2004 is off to a great start with the north staffs lads showing us all that practice and preparation is the key to this event. the all conquering fly GT1 98 racer is still the car to beat although the slot.it 956's are hot on their heels. well done to stan pearson for building the winning car and scooping my award for most innovative design. round 2 is at hamilton in april so dont expect an easy ride as this is the home of reigning champion ross McKie.
bye for now,
jim.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Any chance of some pictures of Stan Pearson's inovative car?

I will be at at least one round this year, when it doesn't clash with anything else. I got a sweet GT1 set up. Which chassis do you guys use? Long motor or short motor?

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Sounds like great fun as usual. Well you shouldn`t have to wait too long for an opportunity to get your own back eh

·
Ric Woods
817 Posts
Racer number 55 here! I would like to echo everyone's sentiments - a great day, well run, some very close racing, some very exciting weather ( which fortunately remained outside - just!) and I did manage to improve on my start number a bit. I just need to go a bit faster along the straights, and...er...round the corners.

Thanks all

Mooster

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
Great track ,great event great orginisation ,crap finish position but I still had a great day ,well done lads ,Ill be back next yr better prepared .

Excuse #1 Tree fell down on saturday took power lines out Prepped car by candle light.

Excuse#2 Martians landed stole my race car had to make do with last yrs model

Excuse#3 **** and Rob got in the way all day

Choose an answer

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Well...living where you do Graham, I reckon it was Excuse 1 which got you. Then again, UFOs tend to visit woollyback country don't they? So maybe no.2

Mark

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
It's a shame that I missed the meeting but I was planning on getting coursework done. In the end I spent the whole day formatting my computer because I got a particularly nasty virus on my computer. They say it gets spread through internet forums... lol. SO I wasted a day that I could have been slot racing, damn...

Lotus

·
Registered
308 Posts
Yes Lotus you certainly missed an excellent days racing and I would like to add my thanks to all those at N Staffs for a great meeting with a very large turnout. Also thanks to Rob and **** for providing the entertainment with plenty of audience participation during their final.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
all of 2 seconds once I picked the sticker off with a chisel...

I must say I havnt been to ici to ask for some yet

lotus you missed a good days racing, me and **** entertaining? your having a laugh!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts