SlotForum banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Bill Beggs
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Geoff - My Habs are still playing not like some golfers posing as Leafs. Want to drop by tonight?

Madmini. Get started. It is so easy and inexpensive. Even with building a table it should come in well under $200.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'll forgive you for being a Habs fan Bill, just because your a nice guy, but your Habs will go down hard in the first round.
Thanks for the invite, I'm looking forward to seeing your new layout. I have too many projects on the go right now, been working on my Cuda to get it ready for the good weather. Monday nights have been way too hectic, but that will change. Have fun tonight.

·
Bill Beggs
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I got inspired this morning or rather felt liking making a mess. I started the PoP and shop towels. The old rock wall seems to be working in nicely. Of course had to get a few blobs of PoP on it. Could call it snow I guess.

Yes that is my timer bridge. Not sure what look I was going for but I did get an ugly one. It will be replaced. I had to move it to back straight. It was getting knocked around too much near the front. It was a pain locating the LEDS underneath the track. This time made slightly larger holes beside the tape vs in the slot. It works.

The pics. Will do the PoP on the whole track before starting to paint it. I have to stop some time tomorrow and clean up so we can race on Monday night.

The pics

·
Bill Beggs
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

·
Bill Beggs
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Got my Dollar store Tempera paint on then as it was a bit too bright I picked up some Crayola green when doing groceries this morning. Added some black and white and highlighted the existing. Also marked off a pit area. I cannot put a garage in as it blocks the view of the sweeper too much. That is the fastest corner and need to see it to get braking right. Besides pit crews will be Homies. As they usually just use cinder blocks to jack up cars the should be happy.

Visited neighbours garage and got a big bag of sawdust. Will mix it up in glass dishes with watered down crayola then spread it out to dry. Sure nice a few very warm Spring days ahead.

I did manage a few laps while watching paint dry. Getting enough laps in that tire lines are starting to show albeit faintly.

The pics:

·
Bill Beggs
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
This should pretty much be end of construction except for minor scenery changes over time. Now it is time to put down a lot of laps to get some rubber built up.

I hate laying grass. Get the stuff and the glue mix all over the track. It does give a weathered look though.

The pics. Not as many Homies as before. The Mariachi band has no place to perform -).

and finally

·
Bill Beggs
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Nope did not twist any more. Just grouped them closer together.

They love the wood. Track is getting rubbered in. We have switched our stockers to Slot.it rear ends with S2s and have shaved another 2-3 tenths off. Hopefully we will start racing Slot.Its in the Fall. We only run them at 9 volts the same as our Minis. The stockers and others run 13V.

·
Bill Beggs
1,947 Posts
The Slot.it S2s lays down rubber nicely. The pic of cars is my current home racers. The 27 Jacques V stocker, #89 Thunder car, The #72 Camero occasionally gets in a GT race when the Slot.It/Scaley Aston is not running. The Porsche is one that is no long quick enough for my other race series at commercial track but runs nice here. We also run a Mini Series. All the cars in the pic have Slot.It rear axle setups with S2s.

·
Bill Beggs
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Well my wood track was fun. The design as far as the turns and driveability was great. Without a crossover the lanes had about an 18 inch discrepancy. Given two equal racers this made a difference. So it has been sold and left for its' new home yesterday. We will still race it on alternative weeks.

We liked the turns so I have made patterns of them. I am rebuilding and while leaving the turns more or less the same but will do a crossover in the middle linking the opposite corners. The elevations will change somewhat to accommodate the crossover.

A couple of pics of it dis-assembled and ready to leave.

·
Bill Beggs
1,947 Posts
Well not like you were never invited - lol.

Nope no pic of new design. Corners at either end will be the same except come around a bit more to the center so they cross in the middle. The final design will come as I rout it.

I hear you have enlisted someone to assist in the build of yours.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey Bill,

I was just catching up on your progress (not sure how I missed it for so long) and spotted something familiar.
QUOTE (Black3sr @ 5 May 2009, 07:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thought to myself, "Oh, must post to say it's good to see it in it's new home", but I see it's too late as you've started over again.

The new track looks like fun. Can't wait to see it with some scenery.

Dave.

PS. Now I feel like a putz! I haven't even finished my first track, and in that time, you've built one, torn it down, and are well on your way to finishing the next one.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts