SlotForum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Bill Beggs
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Landscaping has started. Just a roll of shop towels and PoP.

·
Bill Beggs
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Thanks. Yes the track is fast. Our Scaley NASCARs run 4.8s. The Fits were doing 5.4s. Best I have done is a 4.5 with a Slot.It Porsche. Just too fast to follow.

·
Bill Beggs
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I have added this display to my Pyramid power supply. Much easier to set now.

·
Bill Beggs
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Look close. They were on last track and now on the new one but no pic yet.

·
Martyn
742 Posts
Wow Bill another track in the offering and all good one's. I dont like fly overs very much but this new one of yours I do. it looks interesting. really like this camp site, a really good all round job. I am impressed, not that holds much water of course, but I really do like this one.

Athrlyth

·
Bill Beggs
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Thanks Athrlyth. So far no cars have come off the flyover. It does make the lap lengths equal. That was the problem with the last one. Now maybe one is just a tad slower than the other. It does givre same opportunities to pass as well.

·
Bill Beggs
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Upgrade to Northlands. Had insulated garage door installed last week to replace the old metal one. What a difference. We should be able to race this winter without our mittens. Last night was comfortable using two small electric heaters for about half hour.

·
Bill Beggs
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
A few close-ups of scenery

Sid the Kid at his Summer job. He got this position the day after the Habs kicked them out of playoffs last Spring. Note the one legged pirate in background. He lost a foot trying to cross track

The Hooker RV. Sister Mary can be seen to the left edge. She gave up on them. The boys negotiating a price, but the cops are coming to shut the place down. Note the little guy relieving himself at the tree behind pink sign. Zoom in for the signs.

Best viewing area at the track

·
Bill Beggs
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Northlands is going to three lanes. Same configuration as the existing one races so well. I am extending table 6 inches in either direction to accommodate another lane.

The current track is for sale for local pickup if anyone is interested. I can be reached at [email protected]

·
Bill Beggs
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Tore it up and started over.

Northlands in process of becoming 3 lane. I race on 5 lanes at Race Haven Hobbies every week so my two lane was kind of boring. The tracked raced really well though. Many door to door battles. So I retained the turns and added a third lane on the outside of all the turns after extending the table 6 inches in either direction.

The result appears to be a faster track. The original inside turns are now connected to the new wider outside ones while the center lane is the old outside turns of the 2 lane. Length remains around 41-42 feet.

The center section is temporary. I am awaiting new timer system to hookup to a laptop. Once it is installed I can also hookup the jumpers to this section. In the meantime I have run a few hundred laps on each lane and it is rubbering in nicely.

A suggestion to those wanting to build a track. Spend the money and get some good castors to be able to roll table around. I am in tight confines in my garage so constantly moving it back and forth.

Now if I could just sell my old track and DS timing system.

A couple of pics.

·
Martyn
742 Posts
Hiya Bill

Ya this is the one. Three lanes, If I was going the routed way I would have to have three lanes. Whats this one Bill four tracks in as many years, a big learning curve I think. Cant wait to see the end result. Are all three lanes close to the same length I wonder. Sorry your giving up on the DS lap timer, Who's gonna help me out now. Great track Bill.

Athrlyth

·
Bill Beggs
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Athrlyth. I have lost count. I had two plastic configurations.. Two years ago I built the first wooden one and have replaced every April.

Not sure how equal the lengths are but do know when it was two lane it did not mater as they raced equally. Hoping for the same with this one. I have noticed so far that both directions are quicker.

bill

·
Bill Beggs
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Been working on stone walls. Using ceiling tile and hot glue

I spray them with Kyrlon grey primer then dry brush some highlights. Will add a bit of grass and bushes on them as well.

Now the messy part of laying grass down over plaster of Paris dipped shop cloth. Painting walls will be last.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts