Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Here are the rules and regulations for the '2012 Inline Slot.it Group C Grand Prix. Practice on the evning of Friday the 26th May, and the race on Saturday the 26th May 2012, at the Norwich Slot Racing Club. The car's are to be pretty much standard.
Please make cheques out to:
'Norwich Slot Racing'
And Sent to:
Slot.it Grand Prix
Slot Racer Magazine
1 Chappshill Way
We can also accept direct bank transfer. Please PM me for the account details.
Your cheque will indicate your confirmation of entry, and payment received entries will be posted within 48 hours of the payment being received.
Please use this thread to register your interest.
Any Slot.it Group C car, running in inline configuration. All components must be Slot.it (unless stated). Cars must use and follow the following regulations regarding components:
- Motor-21k 'V12' (Orange Bell End)
- 9t Pinion
- 28t (Yellow) Gear
- Black Motor Mount (No Offset)
- 15x8 Wheels (Solid Hubs, Not 'Air' wheels)
- Complete Standard Interior
- EVO6 Chassis are allowed (As fitted to Toyota 88c and the newly released Porsche's)
- Up and Down Front Axle Travel maybe limited by use of washers
- Free Choice of Body/Motor Mount Screws
- Wheel Inserts must be present
- Plastic Front Wheels Only
- Front Tyres Can Be Varnished
- No Traction Magnet's allowed
- Guide can be changed, but must be a Slot.it Item.
- Lead wires, eyelets, braids are free choice
- Wheels Covers on the Jaguar can be removed
- Any 20x10 'F' series tyre (SIPT 26/27/28 (F15, F22, F30). (F15 or F22 tyres work best at Norwich)
- Rear Tyres may be glued and trued
- Weight is allowed
- Suspension kit's are banned
- Rear tyres can protrude upto 1mm out of the arches.
Premier Inn Norwich Airport, (1.7miles from the club)
Tel: 01603 428648,
Holiday Inn Norwich North, (1.6miles from the club)
North Cromer Road,
Tel: 01603 410544,
Oaklands Hotel and Restaurant, (5.7 miles from the club)
89 Yarmouth Road
Thorpe St Andrew
Tel: 01603 434471
KLM regularly fly to Norwich International Airport from Europe, and there are various internal flights that fly to and from Norwich International. If an entrant is going to be flying in, one of the club members will be able to come and pick you up, and bring you to the club.
Lane Length: 140ft, (the largest in the region)
Surface: MDF finished in gloss
Rails: Braid, magnetic
Timing: DS Software, running through a digital display
We have space for 28 drivers, with 8 spaces gone already (three are provisional, and will be confirming soon). Leaving 20 spaces left for all you lucky guys! Please register your interest through this thread. The list stands at:
Gary Wakeley (Prov)
Terry Howard (Prov)
Jim Wright (Prov)