SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Jon Grainger
3,825 Posts

Here are the rules and regulations for the '2012 Inline Slot.it Group C Grand Prix. Practice on the evning of Friday the 26th May, and the race on Saturday the 26th May 2012, at the Norwich Slot Racing Club. The car's are to be pretty much standard.

Entry Fee:
£7, pre-payed

Please make cheques out to:
'Norwich Slot Racing'
And Sent to:
Slot.it Grand Prix
Slot Racer Magazine
1 Chappshill Way
Mulbarton
Norwich
NR14 8GN

We can also accept direct bank transfer. Please PM me for the account details.
Your cheque will indicate your confirmation of entry, and payment received entries will be posted within 48 hours of the payment being received.

Please use this thread to register your interest.

Rules:
Any Slot.it Group C car, running in inline configuration. All components must be Slot.it (unless stated). Cars must use and follow the following regulations regarding components:

• Motor-21k 'V12' (Orange Bell End)
  • 9t Pinion
  • 28t (Yellow) Gear
  • Black Motor Mount (No Offset)
  • 15x8 Wheels (Solid Hubs, Not 'Air' wheels)
  • Complete Standard Interior
  • EVO6 Chassis are allowed (As fitted to Toyota 88c and the newly released Porsche's)
  • Up and Down Front Axle Travel maybe limited by use of washers
  • Free Choice of Body/Motor Mount Screws
  • Wheel Inserts must be present
  • Plastic Front Wheels Only
  • Front Tyres Can Be Varnished
  • No Traction Magnet's allowed
  • Guide can be changed, but must be a Slot.it Item.
  • Lead wires, eyelets, braids are free choice
  • Wheels Covers on the Jaguar can be removed
  • Any 20x10 'F' series tyre (SIPT 26/27/28 (F15, F22, F30). (F15 or F22 tyres work best at Norwich)
  • Rear Tyres may be glued and trued
  • Weight is allowed
  • Suspension kit's are banned
  • Rear tyres can protrude upto 1mm out of the arches.

Accommodation:
Premier Inn Norwich Airport, (1.7miles from the club)
Delft Way,
Norwich Airport,
Norwich,
NR6 6BB
Tel: 01603 428648,

Holiday Inn Norwich North, (1.6miles from the club)
North Cromer Road,
Norwich,
NR6 6JA
Tel: 01603 410544,
www.hinorwich.com

Oaklands Hotel and Restaurant, (5.7 miles from the club)
89 Yarmouth Road
Thorpe St Andrew
Norwich
NR7 0HH
Tel: 01603 434471
www.oaklands-hotel.co.uk

Transport
KLM regularly fly to Norwich International Airport from Europe, and there are various internal flights that fly to and from Norwich International. If an entrant is going to be flying in, one of the club members will be able to come and pick you up, and bring you to the club.

The Track:
Lanes: 4
Lane Length: 140ft, (the largest in the region)
Corners: 17
Surface: MDF finished in gloss
Rails: Braid, magnetic
Timing: DS Software, running through a digital display

We have space for 28 drivers, with 8 spaces gone already (three are provisional, and will be confirming soon). Leaving 20 spaces left for all you lucky guys! Please register your interest through this thread. The list stands at:

Jon Grainger
Ken Mason
John Parr
Jim Kelly
Lee Henderson
Gary Wakeley (Prov)
Terry Howard (Prov)
Jim Wright (Prov)

·
fred
1,608 Posts
Hi, I would like to register my interest.

You have announced this as Slot.it Group C but under the rules you say any slot.it car, I take it that the F40, Nissan, and Audi are allowed?

The new Toyota has the 0.5 off set motor pod but this is counter balanced by it having 16.5mm hubs, this car should be allowed because it is standard and the pod/hub combination gives it no advantage.

Other than that, the rules look Okay,

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
Hi Jon,
We run to pretty much the same rules (except for using NSR tyres) at Wellingborough.
Please put me down for an entry so long as you don't expect a concours standard car.
I'll see if I can persuade any of the other Wellingborough racers to come along.
Cheers.

·
Jon Grainger
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In answer to the questions:

Fred,
As was the case at GT Raceway last year, the answer is no. The Toyota is allowed to run but the pod and wheels had to be changed to comply with everyone else. The diameter is more than the standard wheels, giving more top speed, and more magnetic effect from the offset pod. So, black pod, 15x8 wheels.

Phil,
7pm on Friday evening, till 9.30. Saturday, doors open at 8.15am, racing to start at 10.30ish.

Lee,
Not fussed mate, either is allowed.

Update to the entry list.
Jon Grainger
Ken Mason
John Parr
Jim Kelly
Lee Henderson
Gary Wakeley (Prov)
Terry Howard (Prov)
Jim Wright (Prov)
**** Kerr
Dan Ellis
Melvyn Johnson

·
fred
1,608 Posts
Hi Jon, it is debatable if the larger diameter wheels would give more top speed, higher acceleration perhaps but I don't think there is any credible evidence to indicate the Toyota has a top speed advantage over other slot.it cars.

Second point, the larger diameter wheels lift the car at the back, so negating any advantage the 0.5mm off set gives, if anything, it must have less magnetic effect.

Thirdly, this is very much like what has been muted for EARL?

·
Lee Green
1,995 Posts
QUOTE (honestjudge @ 6 Mar 2012, 19:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Jon, it is debatable if the larger diameter wheels would give more top speed, higher acceleration perhaps but I don't think there is any credible evidence to indicate the Toyota has a top speed advantage over other slot.it cars.

Second point, the larger diameter wheels lift the car at the back, so negating any advantage the 0.5mm off set gives, if anything, it must have less magnetic effect.

Thirdly, this is very much like what has been muted for EARL?

Why does someone always have to argue with the rules.... also everyone knows that having larger diameter wheels at the back gives higher top speed and less acceleration. Also if tyres are allowed to be glued and trued, surely it doesn't make a difference?

·
fred
1,608 Posts
Its not an arguement when you question it, and Flange, it really isn't as simple as bigger wheels/ faster top speed.

It really bores me to tears reading some of your comments.

·
Lee Green
1,995 Posts
QUOTE (honestjudge @ 6 Mar 2012, 19:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Its not an arguement when you question it, and Flange, it really isn't as simple as bigger wheels/ faster top speed.

It really bores me to tears reading some of your comments.

Quite frankly I can say exactly the same about you who clearly doesn't have a clue .

Gearing and the motor obviously play a bigger part in it . What's your theory on physics then the rest of us are unaware of , or am I too stupid and my comment has brought you to tears so much that I'm not worth being filled in on it . I await your amazing slot car knowledgable response .

·
fred
1,608 Posts
well, you must me stupid because you see an arguement when there isn't one. If making a query about rules and eligability is an arguement then you clearly don't have a clue either.

It seems bizzare that a minute difference in overall ride height and tyre diameter will mean that you have to start changing parts on a standard model, which will make absolutely no noticable difference to performance.

The answer to your question on my theory on Physics has already been answered by you "Gearing and the motor obviously play a bigger part in it"

I hope your filled in enough now flange!

P.S. Jon, sorry to denigrate your thread, but I have lost interest in this now. please remnove my entry.

·
Paul &#39;Cookie&#39; Cook
564 Posts
It's BRISCA F1 at Kings Lynn that sarts at 6 - so need to be away about 4ish - reckon that could be done??

If so, yeah put me down!

·
Jon Grainger
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Cookie,

I'd have thought so mate, at the very latest it will be 4.15/4.30.

Gary-Thanks for your comments, I agree the photo is pretty cool! Come on over mate, you will love it!

Loads of places left, so get your names down!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Honestjudge- Your right to say that motor and gears have the highest bearing on top speed, but bigger wheels do make a difference, I agree 100% with flange. The rules are in place this was discussed for the event at gt raceway also. It sounds like a good event this class is proving popular, might I suggest you pop your dummy back in pick up your toys and get yourself along to what I'm sure will be a cracking event! unfortunately I won't make it. Good luck to the organisers.

·
Jon Grainger
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Your on the list Dave.

Format is as we ran the 'Revival' meeting in October. Each driver races four heats, 25 laps each heat. Positions in the heats then decide the finals order. At least that is how we are planning to run it!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts