SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. This body I bought back in Feb of this year. Took sometime to get the 'RIGHT' colour. SUBLIME.
OK, she is not dressd yet, just waiting for me to place Decals. Reason for posting early. Would like comments please.
The Roof is Black Satin, Humbrol Acrylic. Rattle can. Silver, Red, Orange & Front/Rear bumper, grill, hand painted with Acrylic. SUBLIME, from TESTORS. They can only post out jars to the UK. No sprays aloud. So I went out and bought an Airbrush. This is my first atempt at airbrushing. Had to touch up a few point with a brush.

List of parts.

RMS Dodge Challenger Resin body.
Pioneer Mustang Chassis, cut to size.
NSR Shark 30K motor.
NSR Front & Rear axles.
NSR Crown and Pinion.
NSR Zero Front tyres.
PAULG Rears
SCC Wheels. CB Design 15x8 F - 15x10 R - Aluminum Silver
Slot.it guide and brades.
SLOTS4U Decals, yet to place.
Paint as above

Weight around 100g. Took off as much resin as I could. Still a heavy beast, but they were.

I have seen a few of this model, non of which were painted SUBLIME. Apart from the one on the RMS site. Hell of a colour to find. But in the end, worth it.
Camara work could be better.
I will post better photos when she is dress. More photos can be found, just follow the link below.

Thanks for reading.

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Seems a pretty good first airbrush effort.

Mine (built by MoparDevil) is in Hemi Orange. It's not running currently as its wheels all have split hubs.

Looking forward to seeing the finished car Saviour.

Embs

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
QUOTE (Julian_Boolean @ 20 Dec 2011, 22:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice car, but the wheels look wrong

http://www.historictransam.com/Drivers/Ken...Challenger.html

Yes, very keen eyes you have their Julian, but they were the closet match I could find. If you know where I can get a better match. Please tell.

Thanks for you positive coments guys.

Embar, Where did you get the Hemi Orange from? Any photos please. That's my planned next project. The #13 Camaro.

·
6,455 Posts
I'll try to remember to grab some photos of it tonight Saviour. MoparDevil did the build, he'd be the one to ask on the paint side of things, though I've not seen him around for a little while. It's also currently sitting on a set of Pioneer Torque Thrust wheels which are all wrong for it, but at least fit. Waiting patiently for Jules and Co to release the Charger parts as spares (among other things).

·
6,455 Posts
The other is a slightly tweaked and repainted Carrera 'Cuda in Limelight.

The Hemi Orange has been re-released with the new Challenger. You should be able to get touch paints for it. But from reports it is closer to the Vitamin C orange rather than the almost red of the Hemi Orange.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
You can buy the Pioneer wheels as spares - I've got a set on an SCX Barracuda (I buggered the originals) but they're still not right, the right wheels for this car are probably SCX Barracuda wheels or possibly Scalextric Mustang/Camaro wheels. You can get SCX Barracuda wheels from the US but with the postage they're expensive (nearly as much as a complete SCX Barracuda is in the UK).

You could get some inserts, try PMing Scudbong to see if he makes a set, if he doesn't ask him to speak to me and I'll lend him a wheel to mould some from.

The front wheels diameter looks a bit small though.

It's nit picking really though, and it's still a nice car, I'm currently waiting for another Scalextric Camaro to arrive to race against the one that I've got and the two SCX Barracudas, I'm seriously tempted to order the RMS Javelin, Firebird and a couple of Can-Ams, but I really need to get the right wheels for the yellow Barracuda first.

·
6,455 Posts
Only the Torque Thrusts from the Mustangs are available currently, which is what's on my Challenger at the moment. I have a few sets in stock.

These are the ones I'm after.

Or even these ones

Actually, I want both. The first lot for the Challenger and a '65 Cuda that I'm working on. The second lot for a Tasi Resins Monaro.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Saviour - the Challenger is looking great! If you are looking for T/A minilite wheels, the Scalextric Camaro/Mustang ones are your best bet.

As for paint...I know the UK version of the EPA is a PITA. If you need something painted before it is shipped - let me know. I won't do trim and detail work, but I can paint the bodies the correct colors in lacquer. You can then detail and decal and then use something like Future/Clear to clear coat it.

I recently did this for another friend of mine in the UK and he was very happy due to the fact he couldn't shoot the cars on your side of the pond.

The Ferrari was shot with Duplicolor Automotive Lacquer and the McLaren is Model Masters Lacquer.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Julian

As long as it is a single color and you don't need something outlandish, I don't mind just doing it. Please realize this doesn't mean I will be doing painted bodies as an option, but I know some folks can't get or are allowed to paint in their area.

It will take about an extra week as I want the body to cure, then I prime it, wet sand it and shoot it.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE (dreinecke @ 21 Dec 2011, 14:46) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Saviour - the Challenger is looking great! If you are looking for T/A minilite wheels, the Scalextric Camaro/Mustang ones are your best bet.

As for paint...I know the UK version of the EPA is a PITA. If you need something painted before it is shipped - let me know. I won't do trim and detail work, but I can paint the bodies the correct colors in lacquer. You can then detail and decal and then use something like Future/Clear to clear coat it.

I recently did this for another friend of mine in the UK and he was very happy due to the fact he couldn't shoot the cars on your side of the pond.

The Ferrari was shot with Duplicolor Automotive Lacquer and the McLaren is Model Masters Lacquer.

Hi David, I thought you were on vacation.
Scalextric Camaro/Mustang wheels, yes, but they are push on. Rely want alloys for this. Pointless spending all this time and money on her, only to fit push on wheels.
Thank you for you kind comment above. rely appreciated.
PM sent.]
Andy

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I think your best answer is a set of inserts.
The problem I had when looking for wheels for my Barracuda was finding some the right size, they really want to be 14x8 all round for it to look right, and also have no hub projecting out the back of the wheel (I know what I mean but I'm not sure that makes sense). Slot It do push on plastic wheels in this size, but not alloys, they also come with the wrong inserts as they are intended for the front wheels of a Ferrari 312PB.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi, both the wheels are 15mm dia. F8mm, R10mm.
You think 14 x 8 & 14 x 8 would be better suited? 1:1 thats 17.63" even that seems to large. Should have googled wheel size of a 1970 Challenger. 15mm FS = 18.9"
GOOGLED......
Stock wheel size 14" x 6 found one that says the stock rim size was 14x5 inch. so 14" = 355.6mm = /32 = 11.2. I think that's too small.

Yes, I bought a set of these, Ferrari 312PB, Funny size.

Just about to put the first Decal on.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
The thing with real wheels is that they are measured at the smallest diameter of the tyre which is at least 2 inches smaller than the visible part of the wheel, probably quite a bit more on an early 70s car, measure the wheel on your 1:1 car and it will be bigger than the rim size specified on the side wall of the tyre. Slot car wheels are the other way round to 1:1 car wheels, the actual rim size is bigger than what you can see but just to confuse things they are measured by the visible rim size.

In the end it's your car and if you're happy with it as it is then it's good to go, my taste is towards cars with tyres that look right for the age of the car, but that's just what I like, you should build a car to how you like it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts