Motor vehicle Hood Car Automotive design Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

Hood Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Bumper

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1/32. The tires (and wheels) are stock Pioneer. But it runs with PG urethanes that are more appropriate to the period.

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,692 Posts
Hello mfogg, a beautiful rendition of the The Stingray !

There have been others recently and I can resist no more so have bought an MRRC bodyshell (looks like yours is MRRC?). I have fond memories of a Revell version back in the day. In my youthfulness I was unsure of what it really was - I doubt if any existed in Scotland back then
biggrin.png

Leo

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
very nice! Looks like the body color is very close to the original, and I'll bet those are the old Cady decals for the car. This past winter I finished up my restoration of an old Revell wreck into this very prototype. Got interested again when I saw the "Ford v Ferrari" movie in the fall. For many years the real deal was owned by Vic Edelbrock, who raced it with full bumpers and the torque-thrust mag wheels you have. I even got to see it at a vintage race in Steamboat Springs one summer. As originally raced by Bondurant, it had the bumpers removed and he was running the skinny steel wheels, so I did my Revell with two sets of wheels (the mags being original Cox brand) and removeable bumpers so I can have either version with the one car!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts