SlotForum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New piccis of Le Mans Miniatues Renault Alpine A442B on Slotcenter, gulp, there goes another £100.....

http://www.slotcenter.net/fabricantes/0904..._miniatures.htm

Not sure about the rear tyres though, look a bit 'tractor-ish'......

Leads me to a question actually, is it me or has anybody else noticed that the new cars coming out recently have been almost exactly 30 years old? Is it something to do with licensing or copyright on the design?

Just an observation.

Pip

·
Registered
733 Posts
I also hope that Le Mans Miniatures will release the Rondeau M379B from 1980...

Top Slot will release the Porsche 936 Joest 'LM 1976'! Kit #56 (www.pendleslotracing.co.uk)

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
That is one beautiful model, but I agree about the rear tyres. I'm not convinced LeMans have quite got it together with slot cars yet, as opposed to their statics. The modelling is gorgeous, but the running gear a bit iffy, in my experience.
I'll go suck another lemon.....

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
Oh my God, oh my God, o my God! That's one of my favourite cars and I never saw it race, nor in the metal until Goodwood a few years back. £100 you say... sounding like a bargain.

I'm sure Slot Centre won't mind some pics from the link for those wondering what all the fuss is about.

·
Premium Member
5,559 Posts
A thing of beauty is a joy forever.

I can't stump up a ton and then put it on the track. Nope. I'll have to hope and pray that Fly get around to this one someday.

Totally with Scott on this one

·
Registered
733 Posts
Wankel Ickx: In a couple of mounth you can hopefully buy a Top Slot kit with this car...

Kit #55 (www.pendleslotracing.co.uk)

Kind regards // Richard

·
Premium Member
5,559 Posts
Hmmm, guess you've never seen me wielding a tube of glue or paint can, have you? Not a pretty site.

Nope, folks like me gotta rely on the rtr market.

·
Registered
186 Posts
those group 6 regs did throw out some odd looking cars...

It's a really impressive model. Car's not quite my thing, but they've done a great job replicating it.

·
Registered
979 Posts
What an awesome machine.

It made be as ugly as hell, but what a breath of fresh air - in a market full of Imprezas and vipers.

But with that price tag, all I can say is come on Top Slot sort it OUT!!!

Cheers,

Mark

·
Registered
446 Posts
Looks like a Cadillac Northstar from the front, an F1 car with the center car air intake, and a Audi R8 design on the back-Interesting
. I wouldn't buy it from choice-I'd like to see how quick it goes to decide it for me.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Those LeMans miniatures cars are not built for speed, Mr Max. At least my Ford Mk IV didn't seem to be. Needed a lot of work to make it go.

·
Simon Moss (Undisputed #1 Racer Fan)
553 Posts
Wot ! NO driver !!

A brilliant looking model though, a car which I hope Fly will do one day.

M

·
Premium Member
5,186 Posts
QUOTE Eeeeeeeewwww !
Looks like someone dropped five cars into a cement mixer and this fell out.....imo, a very ugly car (each to their own!)

I guess we won't try to sell you a Laguna, eh?

QUOTE That is one beautiful model, but I agree about the rear tyres.

What's wrong with the rear tires? The 1/1 car used 9X13 Dymag front wheels and 15X18 Gotti rear wheels. The tires were obviously...BIG.

No one said that the car was beautiful, but the car CREAMED the factory 936s and humiliated Porsche. This out of a 2.4-liter turbo with a stock block.

Regards,

Philippe

1 - 15 of 15 Posts