SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This years 30th Anniversary Club Car has now been finalised and is the Scalextric Jaguar XKR GT3, reference C3144 in British Racing Green, with the NSCC and Jaguar logos prominantly displayed.
The car is a Limited Edition model of 750 and will be supplied with a card of authenticity in a specially commissioned cardboard box similar to the Scalextric Limited Edition twin packs. Also included will be a booklet providing a brief history of the NSCC from its inception in 1980 to the present day and pictures with a resume of all club Cars ever produced.

Ordering of this car is available to NSCC members (only 1 car per member will be permitted) and details of the ordering process and prices will be advised in the June Journal.

Jeremy Naylor (Editor)

Attachments

·
Martin Kay
728 Posts
Images of the car also now appear in the Messages from Margate column in the July Journal. I'm not intending to update this section any further but for all the latest information you can visit the NSCC on Facebook.

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
Hi Martin,

It looks even better in the pictures!

It saddens me deeply that you have felt it necessary to curtail updates.

So much for the openess and tolerant attitude of others on the forum!

Damn face book is blocked by the firewall!

BSN

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
It is entirely his choice. No one is asking or even suggesting he stops.

As far as I can see the only reason is because he objects to me - or anyone - starting a thread about the NSCC.

If not, let's hear why. He was happy to suggest in a PM to me that I start the self same thread in this NSCC section. What is so different about it appearing in Pit Lane?

As far as I can see, the thread has so far gathered many more comments than the simialr, long standing one in the NSCC section and most of it is supportive and positive. Why run off in the huff?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Why should I, or any other member of NSCC, have to join Facebook to see the latest information? I hate Facebook. What if 'somebody' gets the hump again, and moves NSCC's updates from Facebook to another social networking site? Do we have to keep following them? Are we likely to? Not me, I'm outa here.

Peter Przybycin, NSCC Member.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Well everything was a bit touch and go but this year's NSCC club car has been collected from Hornby and will be ready for collection by members at the Milton Keynes swapmeet on Sunday 12th September 2010, only those who requested this venue will be able to collect them, others will be distributed at the Orpington Swapmeet on Sunday 21st November 2010.
We will have some extra cars for purchase on the day by members who haven' yet ordered this years car.
Jeremy

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
Not recieved mine as yet.

I am going to the NSCC weekend So I am going to ask to collect it there, if I haven't recieved it soon.

BSN

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Brit slot nut ;0)
I'm going to the nscc weekend too ! Should be a good weekend ! Have you been before ?
I asked the question on email about the club car and was informed ! Mre are distributing them any day now ! ;0)
Andy mac

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
Hi Andy,

This brings back some very painful memories for me, I did make the list a couple of years ago.........

Then got a date through to have an operation on my legs for the Thursday before!

So fingers crossed I don't get run over by a bus this time!

Cheers

BSN

PS my wife has a phobia of half full glasses of red wine!

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi bsn

thats not good ! i'd stay inside til the weekend hee hee !

are you dragging the wife down to the weekend ? taking mine down ! she is looking forward to a break from the kids hee hee

andy

still no car arrived
( (now i know how my kids feel on the run up to xmas)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks to everyone for being so patient.

I spoke to Ali at MRE earlier today and they are ready to send them out within the next few days.

When you finally get the car I'm sure you will all agree that its well worth waiting for.

Andy Smith
NSCC Membership Secretary.

·
Kitbasher
4,331 Posts
Good to know that Andy.

I am going to the Hornby/NSCC weekend so can I collect mine there?

Tif

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
I was going to ask for them to be distributed at the weekend, but if MRE have them and already processing them, seems little point at this late stage.

See you all there!

BSN

·
Registered
8 Posts
QUOTE (ads1969 @ 10 Nov 2010, 17:37) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks to everyone for being so patient.

I spoke to Ali at MRE earlier today and they are ready to send them out within the next few days.

When you finally get the car I'm sure you will all agree that its well worth waiting for.

Andy Smith
NSCC Membership Secretary.
Hi andy ;0)
Have they sent them yet ?
I've just bought another jag for it to race with ;0) and it's getting lonely !

·
Registered
8 Posts
had a delivery off mre today

when i opened it , it was just the NSCC empty box (a £40 empty box )

i'll pick up the car and the NSCC history booklet up at the nscc weekend now !

if you can take one down for me that would be great !
andy

·
Kitbasher
4,331 Posts
I got mine this am, got to say it is superb

Thanks MRE/Hornby/NSCC good job!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts