SlotForum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've had an empty box sent to me today too, without the car/cert/booklet, etc I ordered: what's happening?
Would someone like to clarify what is happening?

·
Premium Member
3,083 Posts
Why is it that people who have some sort of problem with a delivery feel the need to ask questions about it here? Slotforum is not some magic oracle.

It is probably a simple packing error and an email to either Gary at MRE or Andy at the NSCC would undoubtedly sort things out very rapidly. Neither of them waste their days trawling posts to check whether the cars arrived safely.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Is there any likelyhood that any of the NSCC 30th Anniversary cars will be available for sale @ the NSCC Weekend for any members who have yet to have purchased one?

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
QUOTE (CMOTD @ 20 Nov 2010, 20:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Why is it that people who have some sort of problem with a delivery feel the need to ask questions about it here? Slotforum is not some magic oracle.
.. probably because the header says this is the NSCC forum, powered by SlotForum?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi All,

There has been a small hiccup with a few of the NSCC 30th Anniversary Jaguars which has nothing to do with MRE, it's a case of human error when several of the Committee Members spent two weekends of their free time unpacking 750 cars out of Hornby Crystal Display Cases and re-packaging them into the new bespoke cardboard boxes we have had specially produced to celebrate our 30th Anniversary.

A few empty boxes were picked up my mistake and then delivered to MRE with several hundred fully packaged boxes. For those attending the Hornby Weekend they can pick up a new box with the car, limited edition card, and booklet whilst keeping the empty box which could be used for displaying any other NSCC cars.

Replacement cars will be sent out to those not attending the Hornby Weekend, and again, please feel free to keep the existing empty box to use as you see fit.

Please remember that the Committee do all this for the NSCC in their spare time between work and family committments and therefore thankyou in advance for your patience.

Andy Smith
NSCC Membership Secretary.

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
Thanks Andy,

I appreciate the efforts of the committee, as I am sure all other members do.

As for payment for things at the weekend will it all be cash? or DC/CC as well?

Thanks

BSN

·
Premium Member
3,083 Posts
QUOTE (astro @ 22 Nov 2010, 23:34) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>.. probably because the header says this is the NSCC forum, powered by SlotForum?

Dave, I think you are missing my point. I was remarking on the tendency of people to use a forum as the 1st response when they have a transaction problem instead of contacting the seller direct.

If I have an issue with any transaction I communicate with the seller/despatcher first. 99% of the time it is sorted out immediately. If I don't get it resolved to my satisfaction then I might post on a forum to let others know about my experience.

In this case two people have received empty boxes and promptly resorted to Slotforum without informing MRE first. As it happens, Andy has picked up on it and given them the answers they seek but, if he hadn't done so, then they would still be none the wiser. If they had bothered to inform MRE and/or the NSCC direct then I am sure the problem would have been sorted out sooner.

Forums such as this should be the final point of call, not the first response. Things do go wrong from time to time but t'internet is not the answer to everything - sometimes old fashioned direct contact is the better solution.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Got my car yesterday, very very nice. Probably be the only car I get that doesn't make it out of the box.

Can't wait for next year's now.

·
Ewan McKen
1,448 Posts
Was sent empty box.

Have contacted MRE.

Have contacted NSCC (Andy Smith).

Had reply from both.

Still have an empty box.

Regards,
Ewan

·
Ewan McKen
1,448 Posts
Mr Naylor has been in touch.

Thanks for the assistance.

Regards,
Ewan

·
Alfie Noakes
2,655 Posts
I finally picked mine up at Orpington last weekend, and it's absolutely gorgeous. Beautifully packaged too.
Thanks to all involved for your hard work in providing us with such a great club car.
Cheers,
Richard

·
Ewan McKen
1,448 Posts
Received the car today.

Thank you.

Regards,
Ewan

21 - 33 of 33 Posts