Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd fill the last empty section.

Anybody going to Evesham swappie this Sunday (21/9/03- good to see the date the right way round)?

I have to say to those that aren't members, it really is worthwhile joining. Wherever you may be on the planet!

Cheers

Mr.M

BTW Well done to all concerned in getting the forum up and running and "bon chance"

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
I stuck it on the calendar too Mr M !!

Will someone please add time, cost and exact location ASAP? I will then add it to the calendar.

That is one useful section, we should be SURE to use it. ANYTHING slot or Race or show related can go there and anyone can add. Just be sure your facts are correct, would hate this site to be responsible for a hundred folk turning up to an event that happened the day before!

·
Slot City
331 Posts
The exact location is Evesham Leisure Centre, Davies Road, Evesham.

Note that this is in Worcestershire, not Kent (as it is in the calendar entry).

Opening times are from 1000 to 1500.

Organiser is Steve Pitts (01386 443370).

Jon,
Slot City.

·
Slot City
331 Posts
If anyone is going and wants a free Carrera catalogue, just come up, say hello and mention this forum. We ran the same offer at the last swap meet, and quite a few people took us up on it.

It will be interesting to see how the day goes, especially if the turnout will be as good as usual. Hopefully it will be.

There should be a fair bit of cheap Fly cars on offer, in case anyone missed these. We'll have a good selection with us, at very low prices.

Fortunately this one isn't too far for us to travel, so hopefully I can make it back in time for Man U v Arsenal (for the record, I don't support either of them). Why do they always organise swap meets when there are good games on the TV?

Jon,
Slot City.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Slotcity...

I updated the calendar. thanks !

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As reported by Jonny S in another thread, there certainly were some good deals to be had at Evesham.

I got:
SCX Peugeot 206 x 3- 2 different silver ones and a "dirt effect"
SCX Xsara "rain effect"- we got an SCX WRC class coming up at Liphook!
Autoart L*ncer - don't want to get censored by EE
Fly Saleen- White No7 Brands Hatch 2002

6 brand new boxed cars for..........less than £100!

Also bought a Lotus 16 for a tenner! Braids missing, can be a worry with something that old, but got it home and it fired straight up on a transformer.

Even current Hornby could be had for under £20.

Mr.M

1 - 6 of 6 Posts