·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Info on the February swapmeet anyone??

No Info here or on the Calendar!

·
Premium Member
3,083 Posts
Sunday 16th February - usual time, usual place - but they haven't bothered to put it on their own website calendar either.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
The Milton Keynes swapmeet is on 16th February 2014 at the same venue as usual, full details are in the Journal and have been for a couple of months, full details will be posted on the Slotforum calendar shortly for those that are not NSCC members and thus do not get the Journal. Also the dates are in the other slot publications, so the event is out there.

For information we stopped the NSCC website calendar and events since we got few people submitting details direct to us. We thus provided a link from our website to here for calendar details and events etc. since most people who use the web and our site also use this one.

We then continue to keep some form of diary page in the Journal for those that do not use Slotforum or indeed the web etc. (there are some believe it or not!).

The event is well under way and we have got pretty much all the usual dealer, traders etc. confirmed to attend, again in the New Year more details will be posted as a thread as required. If you need more details or wish to book a table send me a PM and I can pass your information on to Paul Yates, the organiser.

Jeremy

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jez,

You are telling me

You have to:

a) be a member of the NSCC, (I am not)

or

take the slotcar magazines, (I do not)

To get info for a swapmeet that the NSCC are holding.

So you are just preaching to the converted.

The slotforum has many more readers than all the the above, so therefore you are only directing the publicity to a fraction of the possible slot enthusiasts, no wonder the attendances are going down!

The are many slot car clubs where their members are not NSCC members and do not take the slotcar magazines so how do you reach them.

It's not difficult. Use the Slotforum Calendar as well.

The slotforum is free to promote events, yet the NSCC officials sit with their head in the sand, avoiding free promotion it is absolute madness.

Promote, promote, promote as early as possible for the maximum attendance.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
PMing me to blast me for my comment when that time could be spent sorting out the mess that is the NSCC also shows how bad the mess is.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Tony,

It is on this website events page and has been since you pointed it out a few days ago, we also promote the event with flyers etc, at previous events and also being posted out by dealers etc. I am not nor did I tell anyone you must be a member of the NSCC or read other publications to find out about it or to attend, it is just these are done automatically, in fact if you read my post correctly you would see that I acknowledged this forums event page etc, as being better to our own original once, hence a link from our website to here. The fact we hadn't yet put it up there was an over sight but then we had time to get it sorted.

Dean,

As for blasting you, not at all, just fed up with the constant negative comments from you, when you are not a member (by your own admission) and know nothing about what has or is occurring since not being a member in how long? But then again this doesn't stop you posting on other discussions does it? As for posting events this is promotions responsibility and has nothing to do with the matters you keep banging on about and the big issues of the Secretary etc. etc. so here it is in the public domain for all to see, I note you didn't reply by the way to my PM.

I also note and wish to record, previously you claimed on here that you left the NSCC because of the previous issues in the Club (something we the current Committee were not involved in by the way) but by my recollection and timescale this is factually incorrect and also that when I asked you why you did not wish to be involved anymore with the NSCC, the reasons given by you were because the NSCC had little or no interest in HO etc. so you didn't see the point in writing or being a member any longer. So either you lied to me then when asked or now you are just constantly using it as an excuse to critise the Club on a purely mischevious basis, you tell me and perhaps others can also judge? Clearly you have proved that you know little about the current issues in the Club nor do you know anything about the fact we are trying to sort things out and have been doing so over the last few months.

Quiet frankly a legitimate post and a query rasied about the swapmeet was started and you had to make yet another inane comment with no point or relevance to the thread, and so we digress again into the past.

Bored of it all.
Jeremy.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Jez for sorting that.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Alway's so much aggro..... Well, at least I'm not the only one who get's miffed !

And YES, it does take issue's off track and I'm sure turn's people off to.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's all good, but having it out on Slot Forum and the WWW has to be better of course

·
Kitbasher
4,331 Posts
I have to say as an ex-member of the NSCC that the more I see of the comments by members and officers of the NSCC the more I am convinced that they simply do not 'get' social media.

Neither did the Dinosaurs

Enjoy life and keep watching the skies, the asteroids are coming.

Peter

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am a member of the NSCC, and I have no complaints of worth. I can always find the dates of the meetings, quite often without using their website or the magazine for reference. This forum, which may be considered as a rival. But not by me, is NOT the place to discuss personal irrelevant problems. I have held similar unpaid roles in other clubs and organisations, and what ever is decided by the committee will always be wrong in some peoples' eyes. Usually those who are not prepared to get involved in any way. If you not prepared to put up and help, then shut up.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Well said, 4 wheel drift.

There are two thread's of the MK Swop Meet going at the moment and I've just replied to one question about it......

Goodness know's what he must think if he read's this one (although it would be enlightening, if he did read & comment).

I'm not and never have been a member of any club and from what I have read on this Forum (a) Never will & (
Boy am I glad I never have.

M

G

·
QUOTE (jeznaylor @ 22 Dec 2013, 19:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Tony,

It is on this website events page and has been since you pointed it out a few days ago, we also promote the event with flyers etc, at previous events and also being posted out by dealers etc. I am not nor did I tell anyone you must be a member of the NSCC or read other publications to find out about it or to attend, it is just these are done automatically, in fact if you read my post correctly you would see that I acknowledged this forums event page etc, as being better to our own original once, hence a link from our website to here. The fact we hadn't yet put it up there was an over sight but then we had time to get it sorted.

Dean,

As for blasting you, not at all, just fed up with the constant negative comments from you, when you are not a member (by your own admission) and know nothing about what has or is occurring since not being a member in how long? But then again this doesn't stop you posting on other discussions does it? As for posting events this is promotions responsibility and has nothing to do with the matters you keep banging on about and the big issues of the Secretary etc. etc. so here it is in the public domain for all to see, I note you didn't reply by the way to my PM.

I also note and wish to record, previously you claimed on here that you left the NSCC because of the previous issues in the Club (something we the current Committee were not involved in by the way) but by my recollection and timescale this is factually incorrect and also that when I asked you why you did not wish to be involved anymore with the NSCC, the reasons given by you were because the NSCC had little or no interest in HO etc. so you didn't see the point in writing or being a member any longer. So either you lied to me then when asked or now you are just constantly using it as an excuse to critise the Club on a purely mischevious basis, you tell me and perhaps others can also judge? Clearly you have proved that you know little about the current issues in the Club nor do you know anything about the fact we are trying to sort things out and have been doing so over the last few months.

Quiet frankly a legitimate post and a query rasied about the swapmeet was started and you had to make yet another inane comment with no point or relevance to the thread, and so we digress again into the past.

Bored of it all.
Jeremy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Tony The ads for MK swapmeet have been about and as for saying that attendance is going down at the event you are grossley unaware of the facts ,the last year of this event before the Slagged off NSCC took it over were low no argument there. The first year we took it on attendance was 200 approx 2nd year 250 plus yes we have put some effort into building up ,adverts etc.So to saying its failing is to put it in slot forum language CARP.More than happy to discuss any relevant issues on swapmeets you might have and that goes for any one who has an axe to grind .Constructive criticism is always acceptable just slagging off isnt. We DONT have our heads in the sand .Its easy to stand on the sidelines whingeing and a phone call to me is always a good idea ,not on a public domain to get your posting numbers up and look good.

Paul Yates NSCC promotions

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE as for saying that attendance is going down at the event you are grossly unaware of the facts

Not something I said at all.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I stand corrected and retract it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts