SlotForum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 41 of 41 Posts

·
Martin Kay
728 Posts
Committee members are away at the moment promoting the club at the Dutch (SLN) event this weekend, but have suggested that I draw this thread to a close as it has wandered some distance off the original topic. As far as I am aware, other than the few dissenting voices on here, the Secretary has not been inundated with complaints about the 3 year rule from the membership at large, which was proposed not in the interests of "jobs for the boys" but simply because it has proved impractical to run them properly on an annual basis, give new incumbents time to become established in the role, be constantly changing bank mandates for new committee signatories, so on and so forth, and do all the regular club-running activities. The committee seems to do a reasonable job of appearing to have full time staff as often outside bodies ask to "visit our offices" - but remember everyone on the committee has a day job as well. Regarding the minutes, and echoing what Brian said in post 39 above, members have told us in the past they just want to have a Journal delivered that contains lots of nice news about slot cars rather than the minutiae of committee meetings, and because the minutes do contain a lot of sensitive information about plans and ideas for the future which may or may not come to fruition regarding cars, suppliers, events, finances etc., personally I can't see how they could be publicly released without jeopardising those plans. But outcomes of discussions that do go forward to reality are covered in the Journal. Those who are concerned that the committee is not doing any work to promote the club or that they are going to be asked to make good club debts should have no worries, there is a lot of stuff going on in the background regarding promotion of the club (even this weekend) and the finances are in good shape. We have looked at incorporation in the past but it is a complex and costly process; Peter Z did request some assistance from knowledgeable club members around this time last year but as far as I know work in that area has not moved forward.

Anyway, could I suggest for those who want to take issue regarding any of these matters, please email the relevant committee member (see Journal for email addresses), and/or you can also become a fan of the recently set up NSCC Facebook group created by Andy Smith. It's an ideal place for you to share your passion for the hobby by posting links, photos and videos about your enjoyment of slot cars, and also post comments and ideas that will help to bring the club to the attention of your social networks and thus keep the club membership growing.

41 - 41 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.