SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

First up a big thank you to the Forum guys for allowing us to have our own section on the Forum.

It's something we have been talking about for several months now and hopefully it give some non NSCC members an idea of what the NSCC is all about, bring some new NSCC members to the Forum and keep everyone upto date with the latest developments.

The best place to start would be to take a look at our own web site:

WWW.NSCC.CO.UK

This gives you a quick heads up as to what we do for our members and gives you info on events etc.

It also now gives you full access to the rules and regulations to our latest ventures the NSCC International Slot Car Race Championship and the 25th Anniversary Weekend event being held next year.

Hope you find everything of interest, if you can think of any ways i can improve this section please get in touch.

All the best

Gareth Jex
NSCC
NSCC homepage

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
I welcome NSCC to Slot Forum and thank Gareth for the welcome to NSCC.

I really must do something about joining!

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
HI Gareth.

Now the dust has settled I`m all ears mate regarding the Championship. The display at Phoenix was quality and you have the abilty with your work experience to push the NSCC up a level or two. Great to meet you and Slik.

G

·
I enjoyed talking to Gareth, at the Pheonix event and it shows that he really loves his cars all scales including 1/1.

RR

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments guys.

The next NSCC Swapmeet is coming up pretty fast:

Sunday April 25th

NSCC Swapmeet and AGM Loughborough. Edward Herbert Building, Loughborough University.

(M1 junction 23).

Entry is strictly with NSCC membership Card or you can join at the door.

Doors open 10:30 -15:30

I will be at the door saying hi and signing up new members. I will also have full details on the Championship so those with questions can get them answered.

See you there?

Gareth

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I joined at the Phoenix event. When I viewed the magazine and heard the gossip about NSCC "specials" that Scalextric may be planning on behalf of the NSCC it seemed like a "no brainer".

And now "we" NSCC members even have our own forum at Slotforum!

But it has occured to me JEXY1 that you may get a lot of non members posting here (eg Tropi UK
).

How are you going to identify members who post from non members?

This area of the board would add to the NSCC kudos if only members were permitted to post. The general riff raff have plenty of space elsewhere!

Moped

·
DT
5,195 Posts
We welcome this NSCC area. It is though not reserved for NSCC members.

Others may come here as they please and see what the NSCC is all about.

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have no plans and would not know how to (or want to) stop non NSCC members from posting, reading on this section.

The whole idea is to expand the knowledge and interest in slot cars and the NSCC in general.

NSCC members get their own info every month in the Journal.

You never know we might even sign up Tropi UK one day!!

For those of you who would like to join you can either go our web site or drop me a line and i can email you an application form, we take credit and debit cards now so it should not take too long. As Moped says there are some great plans for members over the next 18 months so now is the time to join.

Gareth

G

·
HI Everyone

I signed up a short while ago having seen a friends copy of the magazine, I really enjoyed the read.
I'm really looking forward to the next issue, could I ask when it is due Jexy1?

Thanks

Baz

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The next issue should start arriving on your door mat around the 14th April (post dependant!).

It normally gets posted on the second week of each month, sometimes a little earlier, sometimes a little later.

Gareth

·
Simon Moss (Undisputed #1 Racer Fan)
553 Posts
I have been a member now for 13 years and if you are into slot cars it is well worth joining. You don't have to own 100's of cars to be a member. Only the passion is required.

M

·
Registered
166 Posts
Quite right Mo55Man

I signed up to a NSCC membership for the first time at the MK swapmeet. At the time I thought 15 quid was a bit steep but I have been pleasantly surprised by the quality of the journal. I am still very much a rookie in the world of slot cars (much prefer the word rookie to newbie, cant stand being called a newbie !!) and I find the journal info as important to me as SlotForum and my favourite mag, Model Car Racing.

Hope to attend the Loughborough fair as it is not too far from where I live.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts