SlotForum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

2011 Le Mans #2 Audi R18 Marcel Fässler, André Lotterer and Benoît Tréluyer

In the 2011 24 Hours of Le Mans, Allan McNish (car #3) and Mike Rockenfeller's (#1) cars were involved in heavy high speed collisions with slower Ferraris. Both drivers could leave their car without serious injuries despite both cars being completely destroyed. However the remaining Audi R18 (#2 of Marcel Fässler, André Lotterer and Benoît Tréluyer) went on to win the race by 13.854 seconds. This was the 11th win in the past 13 years for Audi. Wikipedia

Limited to only 500 models.

·
Nobby Berkshire
2,015 Posts
QUOTE Very nice, I'll be adding one....cue the complainers in 3..2..1

Why would anyone complain about you buying one?

500 when NSR could have sold 5000? Probably the daftest marketing strategy of the year. 100% bonkers!

·
Registered
355 Posts
QUOTE (Screwneck @ 26 Jul 2012, 17:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Why would anyone complain about you buying one?

500 when NSR could have sold 5000? Probably the daftest marketing strategy of the year. 100% bonkers!

I was referring to the rivet counting, nit-pickers who expect die-cast perfection at a fraction of the cost.

When the #1 R18 was released a little while ago, some where quick to point out the perceived inaccuracies in the NSR model as compared to the Le Mans Minature model.

Usually when that argument is presented the poster often uses NSR's price as a reason it should be spot-on perfect.

I have no problem with the NSR liveries and feel the company has improved by leaps and bounds in the fit and finish department.

As I have mentioned before, you can't see the "inaccuracies" when they are ripping 'round the track anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts