SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
I agree with Heath. While successful I never found it to be a very attractive car. And I'm still pining for the 22 908/3.

·
ParrotGod
8,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Their new AMG is really a good GT3 car. They have dropped the drop arm for the guide which I think improves the handling.

Also the body is very simple, lightweight and full of details especially when compared to the Scaleauto AMG.

So I was hoping to see a new GT3 announced this year that was going to follow this new chassis philosophy.

I am not a big fan of these older cars but I am sure that there will be many out there that will buy this new porsche as it were hot cake.

So good for them.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
It's good NSR have issued a catalogue of their 2021 cars, there is nothing of interest for me but I'm sure their new releases will appeal to many others.

·
Premium Member
5,589 Posts
Geez, disappointing and lazy. Maybe Covid has caused too many issues for them but that's a pee poor offering and the cynical livery malarkey is plain shabby and, well, pee poor.

And their 997 shell is not the 2018 Portimao car.😡

Reactions: celica

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Nothing new of interest for me. Glad they still do the white kits though as I don't much like fantasy liveries.

Mike

·
Registered
424 Posts
The Beatrice sponsored F1 car is a bit of a surprise.
This, the #11 Lotus, and the Larrousse/Lola F1 cars from 1989 piqué my interest. I might pass on the Williams' as I've got a couple of old Scalextric ones... they don't hold a candle to NSR, but keep the grid looking filled out.

While there is not much else for me (not a massive fan of the 917/10), I've really enjoyed the F1 86/89 cars they've done so far and wouldn't object to many more (real liveries)!

·
Premium Member
5,589 Posts
Nice work, Grunz. I'm planning that one on a Scaleauto.

Two questions,then: whose decals and, bonus question, whose lights? I likes the lights.👍

·
ParrotGod
8,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Decals are Atalaya. Do not use them on the Scaleauto body because they are too large - I think they are for carrera cars.

I know this because I have used Atalya decals (weathertec) on the Scaleauto AMG and I was not really happy.

If you are going to make an order, then I would suggest to get them from Slotfabric.

Lights are my own. I use SMD LED from different size. The fog lights on the NSR are not well reproduced: each fog light should be a two element group.

NSR molded as just one piece of plastic with one single hole in it to fit the lens.

Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Hood

Then I used some large SMD LED and create a mask to make the two light group for each fog light.

Cutting mat Green Leaf Rectangle Road surface

Water Lighting Grass Window Electric blue

Overall, the car has 6 LEDs in front and 2 on the back.

Hood Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Computer hardware Technology

I have rigged my own light kit for oXigen and use pin connectors to connect to the front and rear lights.

Motor vehicle Audio equipment Computer hardware Electronic instrument Electrical wiring

With all the LEDs and wires the body is less than 18g. But I am using the lightweight windows and interiors from scaleatuo. Also from scaleauto is the flexy wing.

The Scaleauto AMG is going to be heavier than the NSR.

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Bumper

Attachments

·
Registered
382 Posts
They seem to do one or maybe 2 new fresh cars each year so not sure what people were expecting.

No new p68 liveries last year, so glad there are a few this year. Their sunoco 908 of last year was one of my fav car releases for 2020.

Will be buying the new 910. NSR, still my fav manufacturer

1 - 16 of 16 Posts