SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after my "First car in 40 yrs post"about the scaley Lotus Evora ..guess I should update about the 2nd new car.
Purchased the Nsr 997 ..all I can say is I'm pretty impressed with my first non scalextric car...looks great ,performs well from my limited experience .Done a basic set up on it and really like it.
Still impressed on how far the cars have come since my young days ...of course one of the first things done was to remove the magnet.Really don't see how a magnet can be a part of slot cars....call me old fashioned I guess.
Couple of pics and one of my oldest Porsche and the latest.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Car Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
ParrotGod
9,867 Posts
so, what did you do to the porsche?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so, what did you do to the porsche?
Very basic stuff ..just set front axle height ,trued tires a bit with sandpaper, lubed bearings and locked the guide carrier etc.Just wanted to try it out...lol.Will look at Nsr set up guide tomorrow and see what I've missed or any tips from you guys would be appreciated.
As I said before just getting back into the slot cars and finding out there is more to it than when I was a kid...just playing at the moment but can see myself getting seriously hooked .. could be good or bad ,depends how I look at it...lol.Leaning towards good right now!!

·
ParrotGod
9,867 Posts
I can see early sign of slotcar syndrome. You are gone my friend.

I think the tuning you have done is enough. How did you set the front axle height? Do you have a setup board?
This is a good video on how to do it:

If you are planning in getting more into tyres you want to get a tyre truer first.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can see early sign of slotcar syndrome. You are gone my friend.

I think the tuning you have done is enough. How did you set the front axle height? Do you have a setup board?
This is a good video on how to do it:

If you are planning in getting more into tyres you want to get a tyre truer first.
Yes I feel the first signs of slot car syndrome....yes set up the front on a set up board I made earlier.Thanks for the video link will check it out to see if I did it correctly
Just set front tires with minimal clearance both sides equally, hardly touching at all.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I feel the first signs of slot car syndrome....yes set up the front on a set up board I made earlier.Thanks for the video link will check it out to see if I did it correctly
Just set front tires with minimal clearance both sides equally, hardly touching at all.
Tire truer is what I was looking at last night....

·
ParrotGod
9,867 Posts
See if you can find a tyre razor. I am not sure if they are produced any longer but you can find one second hand.

·
Premium Member
5,742 Posts
Ach! Lord, save me from God awful YouTube videos with intro sequences and rock music. 😡

But, to my point, isn't that set-up - useful though it was to watch - for wood? I'm speaking as a rider accustomed to less than perfectly flat Ninco an' I'd never have m' fronts on the deck. As it were. On that side of things.

·
ParrotGod
9,867 Posts
Actually, I can live with rock music intros....I just hit the right arrow to skip 5 secs at the time. It is when the rock music is played on the whole video that I really hate - as much as the in-car videos of cars going around a track, it makes me want to puke.

I agree with Pedro that the setup is for wood...what I wanted to show is how to work the grab screws to make sure that the axle is at the correct height and that is able to spin freely.
I have to say that I like the front wheels touching the track for Scalex Sport, Wood and Carrera.
For Ninco (or even Scalex Classic) it is better that the front wheels are half a mill off the group.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts