SlotForum banner

NSR AUDI R18 TDI - coloured limited edition

11K views 47 replies 31 participants last post by  Cooper Climax 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

The recent NSR AUDI R18 TDI test car was a great success and was immediately sold out.

NSR have started production of the #1 Le Mans 2011 car, but this livery is complicated and the car will need more time to be ready.

Due to this, NSR will make small batch of a limited edition (only 1.000pcs) of fantasy versions:

- body is coloured plastic, not painted
- body is tampoed, same livery of Sebring 2011, very nice

This gives an opportunity for more people to race a RTR NSR AUDI R18 TDI!

Retail price is only 69.50 Euros and only 1.000pcs in total have been produced, so there are only 250pcs for each colour.

Cars will ship on the 30th Jan.

See less See more
#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
`Got mine in basic black... When will we be seeing the R8 in white kit form?

Greenman62

#17 ·
I think it's a fantastic looking beast. I would have bought myself one of the black versions from the Swindon bash but didn't, as it was in-line configured and looks like it can only be that way, (not how I like my cars set up. Not at the moment anyway). Wish I had now. The silver one looks ok. The other colours aren't great to be honest but that's just me.
I went for a red R8 in the end. Still not as quick as my Mossler but It's a very forgiving machine and easy to drive. Just a dab of lead up front. Hoping the handleing makes up for the lack in straight line speed. (we have a very long straight at GBSC. Sorts the men from the boys down in the breaking area)

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
I think it's a great way of satisfying demand. Many racers will want to add their own decals and create an identifiable car. Me, I bought the white kit anyway and I'm respraying it, but it's good to have a coloured body as a foundation for the colour you are going to respray. If I'd know I'd have bought a yellow one.

If you want one of these as a shelf queen then wait for the new livery. What's the problem?

#21 ·
I bought a white kit 2 weeks ago. Put it together. Drove it for 3 laps and sold it.

Not my favourite and toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much magnet.

If I want to fly I will take an airplane. Cannot imagine that this is a nice car on a small track.

for all the fans good luck and best to buy some extra spareparts

Greetz

Frank

#23 · (Edited by Moderator)
Stoner
Have you ever driven one John? Have you experienced NSR service? Can you imagine how much work goes into developing a car that runs that well? NSR, and Slot.it, are in a different league when it comes to racing...and they're made in Italy, not China. Worth every centissimo in my book.

Frank
Three laps is hardly a fair trial. For smaller tracks it's best to fit a less powerful motor. A Baby King should do it.

#24 ·
QUOTE (Graham Lane @ 25 Jan 2012, 06:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Stoner
Have you ever driven one John? Have you experienced NSR service? Can you imagine how much work goes into developing a car that runs that well? NSR, and Slot.it, are in a different league when it comes to racing...and they're made in Italy, not China. Worth every centissimo in my book.

couldnt agree more. comparing with carrera, a brand I rally do like, is not fair at all. a carrera, and I do have a lot of them, is fun but no competition whatsoever is you even look a the mags. without them carrera is really not able to keep up 3 laps. even with magnets the cars keep tilting . so after hours of fiddling they run beter, but the out of the box nsr is still faster. and what shelfqueen? I drive Racers, NSR and Carrera........as long as they have the right color

G
#25 ·
Instead of bashing the colors and plastic look of the cars I think that NSR deserves a compliment for reacting this fast on market demand since their releases of the test car were sold out in no time. It must be one of the advantages of producing locally

Mr Noviello once explained that all their cars are limited and will be produced only once, f.e. try to find a NIB #7 Ford P68 or yellow Porsche driven by van Lennip for decent money, they are already getting rare.

So instead of producing another batch of the black car NSR choose to make a batch of different colors so the "not-so-handy-with-spraycan-or-airbrush" are still able to obtain this car for retail price.

@Frank, the trend nowadays is towards motors with a higher magnetic downforce. I don't like this as well but I can live with it
In our club this was solved by declaring a maximum downforce on the magnet marshal so the use of these motors will costs you in terms of the ride hight of the chassis and tires.

#26 ·
Hi Graham,

3 laps is indeed not enough to give a good impression but it did not feel well and my first impression is always final. My tuned Audi SCX with Ninco NC5 inliner, slot.it gears and NSR tires (spare parts) feels better

On 12.02 it will be swapped for...................a Porsche 356

Frank

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.