SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont know if any one else has come across this, I bought the white kit, gave it a test just to make sure everything was working OK, only to find that the inside of the right hand tyre had a grove of about 2mm-1mm deep carved into the tyre, this was due to the chassis catching the tyre, so I took out of my spares box a spare set of tyres that I had, 5230, but these tyres were smaller, which leads me to the conclusion that ever NSR have put the wrong tyres on the car or they have at some stage changed the mould?

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
nothing a dremel wouln,t sort out. i would have thought that you would have checked any clearance issues with chassis rubbing tyre, gear lash, chassis height ect before you run it. having said that i,d be pretty p----- off after haveing paid all that money for a car that doesn,t fit together properly without having to bring out the dremel. john

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I had checked everything, except the motor mount, which had the screws already loosend, which silly me, belived that although their was some play, did not think that the wheel would slide in and rubb up aginst the chassis, now that I have put the smaller tyres on, it has resolved the issue with out the need for the drill, I have checked my other R18, that has the same problem, Tyres are too big, although I think NSR are the best, they should have checked the motor pod and tyre clearence more closely. as I am sure that their are other people out their with the same problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts