Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Gregory Petrolati
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks back I posted about colors for the Audi 200 Quattro Turbo. I was planning a project inspired by this Trans Am Championship car.

Eventually I took the photos I had of the car to my local automotive paint store and sat out on the front steps matching paint chips to the colors. I ordered the paint (Model Car World) lacquers and set about realizing my dream. I wanted functioning lights on my car so some work on the NSR white body needed to be done. Priming and painting were fairly straightforward. After primer I shot several coats of white. then masked the areas that were to stay white. I then shot the tan, once it was dried I masked it off and painted the dark Brown. I followed the same procedure with the red and finally the black. Previously I had designed the decals in Adobe Illustrator and sent them to be printed. When the car was decalled I used automotive enamel to clear coat and did the final assembly.

Greenman62

·
Mike
629 Posts
lovely job in a class of its own , no white wheels tho, that's how I remember the Audi
Mike

·
David J
3,182 Posts
That's absolutely brilliant, 10 out of 10, good to see it built after seeing such promising design images.
Let's hope someone at Audi sees it and builds it in 1:1

White spokes could look really good over the red rims, any spares you could try it on Greenman?

·
Gregory Petrolati
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE White spokes could look really good over the red rims, any spares you could try it on Greenman?

Not really... I think I can cobble something together, however.

Greenman62

·
Gregory Petrolati
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are some photos fresh from tha camera in better lighting (the sun was out)

Greenman62

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Not an R8 fan... but.... Maybe... Just maybe...

That looks really great. Suits the car superbly. Even the old colours go well.

Terrific job.

Embs

·
Ray
1,093 Posts
Fantastic job Greenman62.
Where/how did you get the printing done?

Ray

·
Gregory Petrolati
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE Where/how did you get the printing done?

Thomas Rosinski did the work he can be reached at [email protected]

He's pricey but worth the bucks

Greenman62

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Yup stunning. Beautiful car and re-livery.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts