SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
HI! I was wondering one think about the NSR 4803 bearing. I change my sidewinder clio for inline. I bought inline motormount and 4308 bearing. I thought bearing was 2.37mm but there are 2.38mm, too much base between NSR axel. As there NSR 4308 bearing sice change or fabrication error? Because the NSR axel and the old bearing are 2.37mm.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
hi, its one of the racers tricks to use 2.37mm axles in 2.38 bearings less friction, after all its less than 1/2 a thou difference you wouldn,t be able to feel any play in the axle with the 2 bearings in. i doubt that the nsr bearings are 2.37 as this is a like for like fit and the 2.37 axle would have a lot of friction loss. i use 1/8 axles with a .126 bearing hole and thats 1 thou difference and you cant feel any movement in these just a lot less friction when there oiled with 10-40 synthetic oil. hope this answers some of your questions. regards john.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok! But i tried to fit the 2.38 axle on my old NSR bearing but it didn`t fit. the new 2.38 axle does fit on the new NSR 4308 bearing. Maybe the manufacturer has changed the dimensions of the 4308 bearing to get lower friction

1 - 3 of 3 Posts