SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Julian

It's Max here (Harvey Road) - I'll give it a go, please put me down for a space.

I race with Michael & Alan at Wood Green North London (LSC).

Mikey - if you haven't already bought one, I have my last yellow for sale...

Thanks

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Julian

I'm not sure if are the right person to check any queries with, if not please forward on.

I've had a quick look at the tech rules for this event, can you clarify some points pls -

2.6 If side mirrors drop off then they don't need to be replaced?

2.8 Missing wings - are these being supplied or are drivers expected have spares?

2.9 Ballast - reads minimum of 11g, should that read maximum as it sounds optional?

12.1 Maximum width on standard car is more 66mm, at 68mm. Is that a misprint? I've checked and without the long brass spacers it's easy enough to set to 66mm but i thought the point was keep the in standard trim - as much as possible.

When are motors and tyres handed out, on the morning for race day or Saturday practice?

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
David H

I'm going start preparing my car for the F1 Weekend. I will try to visit Molesey before the weekend to run that car on the track, I'll what classes you're running in March & pick a night to make the 2 hours to travel approx. 25 odd miles worthwhile.

Couple of quick points for clarity -

1. The rules attached to the start of this discussion are still valid 100%?

2. Tyres, have been clarified so issues there.

3.a Ballast 2.9 stated minimum of 11g - should that really read maximum?
3.b Ballast only to be placed as shown in 2.9 either side of motor? Or can we place some at the front end/nose of the car?

I note I'm not the only one asking about ballast, further I see from Lee's answer some of you don't use any lead, good but if we wanted to, it doesn't make any sense in body to me, should be chassis. Can we have some clarity, specifically on that point?

4. Crown gears choice of std 27z or 25z & 24z, any chance we can use Slot It crowns? The NSR 24z & 25z wear out quickly and at random rates.... I know NSR won't like it but....

Are the results from the event are stand alone? If they then a few tweaks as above can't be bad?

Thanks
Max

1 - 4 of 4 Posts