25. Peter Hillocks
26. Frank DeLarge

27. Matthew Scott

28. Leon Osbahr-Scott

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Julian

It's Max here (Harvey Road) - I'll give it a go, please put me down for a space.

I race with Michael & Alan at Wood Green North London (LSC).

Mikey - if you haven't already bought one, I have my last yellow for sale...

Thanks

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Julian

I'm not sure if are the right person to check any queries with, if not please forward on.

I've had a quick look at the tech rules for this event, can you clarify some points pls -

2.6 If side mirrors drop off then they don't need to be replaced?

2.8 Missing wings - are these being supplied or are drivers expected have spares?

2.9 Ballast - reads minimum of 11g, should that read maximum as it sounds optional?

12.1 Maximum width on standard car is more 66mm, at 68mm. Is that a misprint? I've checked and without the long brass spacers it's easy enough to set to 66mm but i thought the point was keep the in standard trim - as much as possible.

When are motors and tyres handed out, on the morning for race day or Saturday practice?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Hi Julian, I've just looked at the rules too. A lot of unnecessary variables ! However the thing that concerns me most is the red tyres ! You're not seriously going to make us run those on an open wheel class where most seem to be running 'scale' coloured cars ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Max,

Just double checked my car and its within the 66mm ruling.

As for the minimum weight, I read it as the body must be at least 11g, then if you need ballast there are specific zones

Julian

I'm not sure if are the right person to check any queries with, if not please forward on.

I've had a quick look at the tech rules for this event, can you clarify some points pls -

2.6 If side mirrors drop off then they don't need to be replaced?

2.8 Missing wings - are these being supplied or are drivers expected have spares?

2.9 Ballast - reads minimum of 11g, should that read maximum as it sounds optional?

12.1 Maximum width on standard car is more 66mm, at 68mm. Is that a misprint? I've checked and without the long brass spacers it's easy enough to set to 66mm but I thought the point was keep the in standard trim - as much as possible.

When are motors and tyres handed out, on the morning for race day or Saturday practice?

·
Registered
367 Posts
However the thing that concerns me most is the red tyres ! You're not seriously going to make us run those on an open wheel class where most seem to be running 'scale' coloured cars ?
Do red tyres work on Molesey's track? I've heard they're heavily biased toward plastic use.

I'd be happy running any handout for this kind of event as long as they aren't reactive to treatment, but it's a shame these look a bit daft even at speed, but there we go.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Gentlemen,

Let's address some of those questions.

I agree, the rule sheet offers quite a lot of options, but in order for the support of the manufacturer we need to stick to them as far as possible.

That said, the red tyre issue is something that does need to be sorted. Having tried red tyres at Molesey, it became clear very quickly they really don't work very well. Even more so if loose fitted as a handout.

To resolve this, we intend to either supply a set of glued and trued supergrip/ultragrip wheels & tyres or allow people to supply there own. I am currently discussing this with NSR, so will report back soon.

The bodyshell has to be a minimum weight of 11grams. Ballast can be added, but only in the areas of the body illustrated in the rules.

Car must start the event with mirrors, but if they drop off during the race, they don't need to be replaced/repaired.

Spare wings/spoilers are not supplied, so it is down to racers to provide spares for themselves.

I will look into the axle widths and give a decision in the next few days.

Handout items will be supplied on the morning of raceday (Sunday). Practice must be done on racers own components. Once handout items are fitted the car will be placed in parc ferme.

I will update you all on the outstanding issues very soon.

But for now, here's the entry list:

1. Matt Taylor
2. Terry Smith
3. Lewis Ross
4. Julian Edwards
5. Lee Green
6. Neil Green
7. Sean Ilett
8. Michael Keown
9. Alan Wilkinson
10. David Harmer
11. Ed Pink
12. Josh Bryant
13. Alan McDonald
14. David Farrow
15. Dave KP
16. Mark Long
17. William Strachan
18. Jeff Norton
19. Pat Chidgey
20. Adrian Child
21. Arif Sayed
22. Yusuf Sayed
23. Terry Reardon
24. Graham Scott
25. Peter Hillocks
26. Frank DeLarge

27. Matthew Scott

28. Leon Osbahr-Scott

29. Max Harvey

30. Martyn John

31. Steve Jones

32. John Underwood

Thanks as always.
thumbsup.gif

·
Registered
636 Posts
1. Matt Taylor

2. Terry Smith
3. Lewis Ross
4. Julian Edwards
5. Lee Green
6. Neil Green
7. Sean Ilett
8. Michael Keown
9. Alan Wilkinson
10. David Harmer
11. Ed Pink
12. Josh Bryant
13. Alan McDonald
14. David Farrow
15. Dave KP
16. Mark Long
17. William Strachan
18. Jeff Norton
19. Pat Chidgey
20. Adrian Child
21. Arif Sayed
22. Yusuf Sayed
23. Terry Reardon
24. Graham Scott
25. Peter Hillocks
26. Frank DeLarge

27. Matthew Scott

28. Leon Osbahr-Scott

29. Max Garcha

30. Martyn John

31. Steve Jones

32. John Underwood

33. Alex Stone

·
David H
4,294 Posts
Postponed until 2021

In light of the current Covid-19 situation it has today been decided that this event will be postponed until next year, 2021. We're all disappointed that this has been necessary, but consider it the most sensible and responsible way forward.

Further details about the rescheduled event will be announced in due course, hopefully toward the end of this year.

In the meantime, enjoy what racing you can and start looking forward to the rescheduled event. I'm sure it will be a great weekend's racing.

Cheers,

David.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi,

As this event is now understandably postponed till next year are all the entries and fees paid being carried over or are you refunding and then we re-enter when date known?

If all being transferred over, if I can't do the new date, will a refund of my 2 entries be possible at that point?

Cheers

·
David H
4,294 Posts
Hi Matthew,

We're happy to refund you now, or hold on to your entry fees and refund them if you're unable to make the rescheduled event. As yet, we can't confirm a new date, but hope Covid restrictions will be relaxed soon.

If you'd like a refund now, please email Neil at [email protected] with your name and details and he'll sort things out for you.

Cheers,

David.

21 - 40 of 97 Posts