SlotForum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

We race NSR cars at our track, which is a MDF routed track with polyurethane paint and copper braid.

We have noticed that the tyres seem to swell when raced at full power 13.8vdc.

Do you recommend gluing the tyres? If so with what? I've been told woman's nail glue?

We have Porsche 997, Audi r8, Mosler, gt40. About 20 cars in all. My orange Porsche and the ltd edition Mosler do seem ok?

But the others seem to get issues.

Thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John,

I was told that superglue would dry in hard lumps and cause unbalancing?

Have you tried this?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Once you have glued the tyres with the flexy cyano (super glue) as reccommended above and also available from Pendle SR you will need to true the tyres for the best results. Use a tooth pick to apply it evenly around the rim.
Cheers
Brembo

·
Lee Green
1,995 Posts
QUOTE (benj @ 15 Feb 2012, 22:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>John,

I was told that superglue would dry in hard lumps and cause unbalancing?

Have you tried this?

I have never heard so much
in all my life... NO whoever told you this doesn't have a clue.

The more liquid the glue the better, but if you want normal super glue (loctite) does the job just fine... so much better than having tyres peeling off in the corners

G

·
The only proper way is to buy a truer. I use a Hudy. They aren't cheap but are well worth it. If you don't use a truer you will end up with a mess. Holding a car above a sheet of sandpaper will not work.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok just looked at the hudy tyre truer, it's quite expensive.

Also looked at the NSR version also quite expensive.

I guess by trimming / Turing your tyres it shortens the life? Although I guess this is a must.

Why do they not come ready to race and trued?

G

·
Take a look on Pendle Slot Racing. I think NSR have glued and trued.

Just looked and it's kit and not cheap either. If you are serious about racing on a routed track, by a truer.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok so you can buy ready to race trued tyres.

But after consideration I'm going to buy a tyre machine, probably the NSR one above.

I guess I better buy a load of tyres as well..... Think I'm going to burning some up quite quickly.

Our track times are getting faster, lap record is 4.699 seconds using a NSR Mosler. Set by me! And verified.

Question is what else do I go for.... Better controllers next

1 - 13 of 13 Posts