SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
ParrotGod
9,879 Posts
Fantastic work Tamar.
I would really like to know more about the wheels inserts. And also the antennas: what are they made of and how are they going to fare if/when the car goes upside down?

·
ParrotGod
9,879 Posts
Hi Tamar
thanks for the info about the antenna...I thought about using a plastic brush for making them but the idea of going through the plastic and gluing them from the inside is really cool.
With this thread you made me go back to my scaley C6R #50. It looks very similar but there are some small difference in the logos.

·
ParrotGod
9,879 Posts
Hi Tamar
Thanks for the tip about poking a hole for the roof antennas.
Looking forward to more updates.

·
ParrotGod
9,879 Posts
One more thing Tamar: what have you done to the interior?
I know that you background is model airplanes - similar to mine - so making the cockpit right even if is going to be enclosed by the canopy is a must.
For instance, I noticed that the steering wheel of NSR cars resemble more the one in a truck of the '50s than the one fitted in a modern sports car.
Any thoughts there? (I know that is not visible when the car is zipping around the track but still...)

·
ParrotGod
9,879 Posts
Man that is mean: you could have posted a pic from the front side! Does the C6R have a classic gear stick instead of paddles on the steering wheel?

·
ParrotGod
9,879 Posts
The more I look the more I want to know: you made the openings in the driver and passenger windows as well...that is not easy job. Any details on how you made them (in due time)?

·
ParrotGod
9,879 Posts
Tamar
You are officially in my list of Detail-Freaks ;-)
So, how did it perform? I heard that in the GT3 class the 'vette is the weapon of choice. But also the AVS and the new Z4 should not be bad.
I have got one that I would like to set up but for the track where I race the optimal gear ratio is something between 3.2 and 3.6.
But I believe that with the AW config is not possible to get above 2.8 (using a 12 pinion and 34 crown).
I think I will config my vette with a SW pod using a 25K short-can motor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts