21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Sorry, got a bit distracted this weekend with (koenigs)egg on my face

No time left to furher update my O.P.

Model airplanes...yeah Gio that goes way back,

The C6R body is really nice and true to scale, but the cockpit detail is.. what shall I say..basic and with at least one major flaw.
The dashboard, steeringwheel and driver position should have been at least 10mm more to the rear. Too much work to correct that for this build.
On the positive side, Nice helmet, good positioned arms and the hands do hold the wheel quite nicely.

So even if you don't see that much of the interior once the car is complete, I did some minor detailing there regardless.
Same principles as for the rest of the build, some paint, some tape and some decals...just the basics.

As I said to Jay for his wheel fetish...patience..it will be covered.
So here's your teaser

with kind regards
Tamar

·
ParrotGod
10,549 Posts
Man that is mean: you could have posted a pic from the front side! Does the C6R have a classic gear stick instead of paddles on the steering wheel?

·
ParrotGod
10,549 Posts
The more I look the more I want to know: you made the openings in the driver and passenger windows as well...that is not easy job. Any details on how you made them (in due time)?

·
Jay Botteri-Lane
2,138 Posts
QUOTE (GRUNZ @ 13 Jul 2015, 03:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Does the C6R have a classic gear stick instead of paddles on the steering wheel?
Thanks to NSR, it seems the C6R has something more closely resembling a Lava Lamp than a gear stick...

...just kidding, of course. Love the work you've done to the interior, Tamar - TBH, that's something I habitually overlook as both my GT3 entries (997 and backup R8) are allowed to run with the lightweight lexan cockpit trays, but you've really brought your model to life with the details you've added. Also, I'd spotted those ducts and openings on the side windows, too - I'd say they look as if they were done at the factory, but that wouldn't really be quite the compliment it's intended to be.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
QUOTE (GRUNZ @ 13 Jul 2015, 02:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Does the C6R have a classic gear stick instead of paddles on the steering wheel?
Depends on what year and to which rules your car needs to abide. At the start of the new GTE rules in 2010, paddle shifts were not allowed. So early GTE's still had a gearlever.
By the time "our" vettes (2011 & 2013) hit the tracks paddleshifts were allowed.

QUOTE (jay-bl @ 13 Jul 2015, 09:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks to NSR, it seems the C6R has something more closely resembling a Lava Lamp than a gear stick...

...just kidding, of course. Love the work you've done to the interior, Tamar - TBH, that's something I habitually overlook as both my GT3 entries (997 and backup R8) are allowed to run with the lightweight lexan cockpit trays, but you've really brought your model to life with the details you've added.
Make that thanks to Dutch NSR GT3 rules that state "complete stock interior" Its possible that the Vette will run during the Suzuka 2000, if so I will make an correct Vacformed interior..without the Lava Lamp

Lightweight and vacform usually means shapeless blobs that barely comply with the rules...but they can be made just as nice as full sized plastic interiors.

QUOTE (GRUNZ @ 13 Jul 2015, 06:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The more I look the more I want to know: you made the openings in the driver and passenger windows as well...that is not easy job. Any details on how you made them (in due time)?
QUOTE (jay-bl @ 13 Jul 2015, 09:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Also, I'd spotted those ducts and openings on the side windows, too - I'd say they look as if they were done at the factory, but that wouldn't really be quite the compliment it's intended to be.

Ok, ok, its my lunchbreak
, here are some more pictures, explaining texts will follow later

with kind regards
Tamar

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Yep enjoying the mediteranian sun, but contrary to previous experiences, now with pretty good wifi on location.
Just watched the Hungarian grand prix online
What a race....

Been trying to sit down and update but stuff just kept getting in the way.
But dont worry, got plenty to write, and some days left to do it.

with kind regards
Tamar

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Tamar contacted me a while back and we hope to work together to make these full car decals available through my C&C design website.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
QUOTE (LMP @ 3 Aug 2015, 11:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Did I miss the wheel tutorial?

No you did not Gary, it is on the now growing list of things to finish, but...I might also turn that into a seperate topic.

QUOTE (valie @ 4 Aug 2015, 08:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hey Tamar, great job there! Looking at the effort and time you put in, my feeble effort with the Ferrari dims into obscurity. You inspire me to do more next time.
Gert you're doing fine, I see improvements with every car you've posted here. And thank you, having been able to offer some inspiration...well that's the best compliment one can get .

@ Colin: No need for hope, we will work together to make this a proper decal set. But resently accquired responsibilities have taken some time away from finishing this project.

with kind regards
Tamar

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Tamar,

Not a problem, I can only image the effort you put in, but as you say, we will get this done.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
A small update.
Posted some pics of my chassis with an O2 chip as a reply in an other topic.
Gio spotted the tall grubscrews on my chassis and wanted to know why and how.

They're a bit of a joke actually, started when I looked at this picture of the works C6r up on its airjacks in the Le Mans Pits...and thought...
Now would it not be nice if I had those on my 1/32nd Vette to keep the wheels out of the dust whenever she's in the pits.
I've always hated looking at slotcars laying on their sides, or worse resting on their guide and the rear stuffed up with whatever the racer had lying around.

So I looked into my nuts and bolts case and saw I had some of these really long grubscrews....took a drill and 5 minutes later...voila!

The fun thing about them is that when I need to run her on the track I just turn the grubscrews completely up till they're almost flush with the chassis.
I just love it when you can make scale details functional

with kind regards
Tamar

·
ParrotGod
10,549 Posts
Tamar
You are officially in my list of Detail-Freaks ;-)
So, how did it perform? I heard that in the GT3 class the 'vette is the weapon of choice. But also the AVS and the new Z4 should not be bad.
I have got one that I would like to set up but for the track where I race the optimal gear ratio is something between 3.2 and 3.6.
But I believe that with the AW config is not possible to get above 2.8 (using a 12 pinion and 34 crown).
I think I will config my vette with a SW pod using a 25K short-can motor.

·
Jay Botteri-Lane
2,138 Posts
Love the grub screw jacks idea - although, I also thought they were a retro-fitted means of adjusting body float. I definitely prefer your reason, though.

Tamar, you are the devil with the details! Bet you even make the little "Vvvvt!" noises as you wind those in and out, don't you?

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.