SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

a week ago started a new project....2 to follow

a few fictures of the building and the final result. I'm not used with the decal setting and a lot of people advised me not to start with this but I'm satisfied with the result

starting with a white kit NSR and putting on the decals for hours and hours.....

and this is the result of a lot of patience and lots and lots of decal softener

upcoming a RedBull and a Monster

greetz Frank

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi

thx and the link is already on my favourite list.

I saw on other pictures that the nr 12 names are on the top of the door glas but than I also had to make a black border and first trial it didnt work out so I put them on top + I didn't like the black banners around the glass. With all the effort that I put in the creating of the car I should have done like the original
Perhaps it²s only a matter of good masking but ......

Regards

Frank

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
Amazing, simply amazing.

You must have the patience of a saint.

Great advert for the good Doctors work too!

I remember doing the Boss 956 with the pin stripes and crying repeatedly, especially when Slotit then produced it!

Keep it up, can't wait for the Monster version!

Cheers

BSN

·
Registered
14 Posts
Very Nice looks fantastic. did you have much trouble putting the decal over the curved surfaces i've done it once on my first build and had a bit of trouble.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Fantastic job, I know how hard decals this complex are. Full respect for that one

Are you going to be even more brave and protect your work with a top coat?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry for the late reply. Reason I do not get any notice when there is something posted

ScaleJim is used a lot of softener for this one. Difficult job but it turned up nice. After putting the decal I drowned it with softener.

Swissracer Since I`m using paint and clear coat from Hiroboy I`m not afraid anymore of getting problems. This car is clear coated but it`s strange because when you look at the car it`s still looking ..... and feeling like a crocodile no really the structure is still in it and I like it and it`s protected because I did quit some test rounds and next Friday I will race with it in our Corvette NASR competition.

The Monster Corvette for a colleague driver will be assembled tonight and pictures will follow

Greetz
Frank

1 - 14 of 14 Posts