SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
664 Posts
A fantastic evening of racing,so much more fun than Group 5. Most people have their cars sorted. They are quick, they are stable and they are fun to race!

Some exciting close racing up and down the leader board.

Good to see Terry Smith back for a race. Taking a break from Karting Tel'?

Different models, Aston Martin, Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Corvette, all competitive. A mix of NSR Ultras, Reds, Greys and Sculpture tyres were used.

What is not to like about this class?

The results are in:

Computer Output device Font Display device Personal computer

Attachments

· Premium Member
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All the cars are run standaard engine configuration, anglewinder, King 21 motors

There doesn't appear to be a definite top car.

I use a BMW Z4 - it is quick and a regular top 4 finisher. I tried my Merc but it wasn't competitive due to a slow motor. I need to find a competitive motor to give it a proper comparisson. but i seems to handle well but around .4 sec slower than my top BMW.

I think Nic was using an Aston Martin, Russell may have used his Corvette. Paul and Alan used Audi A4s.

So a good mix of competive cars. Which is a good reason to enjoy this class.

Others may correct me on what they ran. I might start adding tthat to the results ....

· Premium Member
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know other clubs around London seem to favour the Mercedes. I think a lot depnds on the type of track, the layout and your personal driiving style.

We have tokeep he gearing standard, so the cars tend to be a bit over geared. Again, this could effecct car choice.

The Audis go quite well here, I had a reasonably quick one, then accidently sold it to Alan .... oops.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.