SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are my two lastest creations. NSR base with Slotfabrik decals.

The first car finished third in the 2018 24 Hours of the Nürburgring:

amg-nurburgring-2-56ab1e8.jpg

amg-nurburgring-7-56ab1ed.jpg

The second, in Germany nicknamed «The Yellow Mamba», took part in the 2019 24 Hours of Spa. It still can win the Intercontinental GT Challenge with Maximilian Buhk.

yellow-mamba-8-56b5192.jpg

yellow-mamba-9-56b5194.jpg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They look great. I'd never thought an NSR car could look so appealing
smile.png
The shape of most of their GT bodies is quite accurate indeed. A few years ago I did that with their BMW Z4. At that time, I realized that it was possible to reach a good realism level with NSR cars.

img_9298-4f3dad3.jpg

img_9301-4f3dad9.jpg

img_9320-4f3dae1.jpg

·
ParrotGod
9,879 Posts
Fantastic job! Any specific reason why you went for the NSR and not the Scaleauto one?

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
WOW! Really nice work on both the AMG GT3s and the BMW Z4s
thumbsup.gif

·
Registered
183 Posts
How does it run? Most of my NSR GT3 cars feature a drop arm and this one does not. Also the dimensions of the chassis seem similar to the Mosler. Hmmm maybe I answered my own question.

·
Premium Member
5,748 Posts
Very nice, Franky.

Couple of questions, if you will. How do you protect the decals once finished? What, if any, product do you use?

And, is there much fiddling to be done to get these Slotfabrik decals to fit? Or are they designed specifically for the NSR models? And I appreciate, you may not know the definitive answer to that one.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Fantastic job! Any specific reason why you went for the NSR and not the Scaleauto one?
If I have an alternative to Scaleauto, I try to avoid this brand. Chassis and bodies are fragile, and their car are complicated to trim correctly. Moreover, I was convinced that the NSR iteration of this Mercedes was at least as much accurate as the Scaleauto one in terms of realism, which is my first target.

How does it run? Most of my NSR GT3 cars feature a drop arm and this one does not. Also the dimensions of the chassis seem similar to the Mosler. Hmmm maybe I answered my own question.
I haven't tried this Mercedes on track yet. But a friend of mine, who is a great swiss competitor, told me that this AMG GT3 was in the mix with the other GT's NSR made before.

Very nice, Franky.

Couple of questions, if you will. How do you protect the decals once finished? What, if any, product do you use?

And, is there much fiddling to be done to get these Slotfabrik decals to fit? Or are they designed specifically for the NSR models? And I appreciate, you may not know the definitive answer to that one.
I varnish the body with Mr Hobby Top Coat.

The quality of the Slotfabrik decals is great but no, I don't think they are made to fit exactly the NSR body. So, it requires quite a lot of work and patience, and I would say some experience (I have built hundreds of slotcars in my modeler's «career»), to adapt them to it. In addition, the livery of the Mamba is quite complicated. But, as you see, it's not impossible to get a decent result with that NSR/Slotfabrik combination.

·
Registered
339 Posts
What was the color for the Mann Filter Mamba?? Did they also have a straight 'yellow' car as I've been thinking of using the NSR 'yellow' car as a base ...

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Zero paints has mixed a special yellow for this car, so if you want accuracy....
Although it looks like Franky has used a different shade with a bit more green in it (but could also be the picture)
mini_cooper_s__1964_monte_carlo_rally_wi

But if you already have a yellow NSR AMG...I would say don't bother, yellow is close enough.
As most average slotracers would shy away from a challenging decal job... in the land of the blind..one eye is king
wink.png

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

With kind regards

Tamar

p.s. Another nice build Franky, thanks for sharing

Attachments

·
Registered
485 Posts
Looks very nice. Love the NSRs. OUr club bought 4 scale auto AMG and so many problems. Wheels falling off, bent axles and gears. Had to replace parts.

NSR is always good quality

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Several NSR AMG GT3's are being prepped by teams for the upcoming Suzuka Double in Best, NL.
In both specs (DiSCA GT3 with Scaleauto Baby Sprinter AW & Procomp3 sponge, DiSCA WEC with AW MX16 on N18 or F22) the handling of the new car and chassis has been very promising straight out of the box.

With kind regards

Tamar

·
Registered
163 Posts
Several NSR AMG GT3's are being prepped by teams for the upcoming Suzuka Double in Best, NL.
In both specs (DiSCA GT3 with Scaleauto Baby Sprinter AW & Procomp3 sponge, DiSCA WEC with AW MX16 on N18 or F22) the handling of the new car and chassis has been very promising straight out of the box.

With kind regards

Tamar
Here a picture of the cars Tamar was referring to. The Wynns was used for the DISCA WEC 6h race, the Apex Protect for the DISCA GT3 race, and the Weathertech is in complete NSR standard setup. This is a picture from after the race, the cars look surprisingly good after the battering digital racing :).

Shoe Car Vehicle Sports equipment Automotive tire

/Leon

Attachments

·
ParrotGod
9,879 Posts
They look really nice Leon. Did you make the decals yourself or you got them from somewhere?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts