SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working on this car for the past couple weeks trying to get it done. It is kind of a twist off the Falken tire Monster Energy Mustang they use in the drifting competitions. Since I really like the Falken tire cars and the lime green with the Monster stuff I have really been wanting to do a car in these colors and what better car than a NSR white kit. The stripes were made from a member on another forum. (Thanks Matt!) Krylon gloss white and gloss black for paint and I also used decals from Pattos Falken sheet and also the 2009 Corvette C6R sheet. I am really pleased how this one came out and it goes nicely with the Porsche I did not long ago.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The corvette looks great.

I always liked your Falken Porsche as well.

Gloss Black? To me the black paint looks satin in the pics... but it looks better that way - Did you use a clear over the decals ... or at least over the black?
Do you use waterslide decals?

Kirk

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
An amazing looking car, I imagine it goes like it looks as well (please let us know)

How easy is the NSR to build? I've not actually built a NSR kit yet.

I'm going to be working on black "monster" livery on a Carrera Capri, not altogether happy with my decals though.

Do you have a link to anyone selling the Monster Decals?

Thanks

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for the nice comments!

QUOTE (Captain (Aus) @ 16 May 2011, 07:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The corvette looks great.

I always liked your Falken Porsche as well.

Gloss Black? To me the black paint looks satin in the pics... but it looks better that way - Did you use a clear over the decals ... or at least over the black?
Do you use waterslide decals?

Kirk

Kirk, You are correct the paint does have a satin finish. I sprayed four coats of gloss clear but it would not get glossy. The more I looked at it, the satin finish suited the car so it all worked out.

·
Peter Christie
1,835 Posts
Fantastic

·
Registered
480 Posts
Seen the Energy drift Mustang on TV and I thought that was cool but the livery realy suits the Vette, nice work.
Once Vaughn Gittin Jnr see's this he will be ditchin his stang for this I'm sure

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (Wraith @ 16 May 2011, 08:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>An amazing looking car, I imagine it goes like it looks as well (please let us know)

How easy is the NSR to build? I've not actually built a NSR kit yet.

I'm going to be working on black "monster" livery on a Carrera Capri, not altogether happy with my decals though.

Do you have a link to anyone selling the Monster Decals?

Thanks

Wraith, The NSR's are not hard to build I actually prefer building them over the Slot It kits.

Pattosplace has Monster decals. He has just the logo's and also a sheet for the #7 Nascar of Robby Gordon.

This place also has a Ken Block Monster sheet. ColoradoDecals

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you

For the yellow tint on the lights I used clear yellow craft paint thinned down with water.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts