SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
198 Posts
This thread sounds familiar to the day I'm having after just receiving delivery of the same model car(Mosler MT900R).

I thought these cars were supposed to be finished manually, that doesn't mean much really, I found my car needing loads of tuning just to get it going full stop.

Magnet sticking to track, so had to replace with a thinner and less powerful gold coloured round magnet from PM.

The front tyres looked all out of shape but this seems to disappear after some running in, but was a concern at first.

The guide needs spacers to raise the front height of the car to stop the chassis scraping on the track.

The wheel inserts are badly inserted and are at wonky angles, they don't sit flush and look poor like this.

The right front mirror came off the car as it is not held in, it just sits in the hole loose.

The nice motor can sticker gets all ripped and scratched up on the track and again looks untidy once it is scratched up.

Front wheels don't spin freely if the front body screw is tighten up fully, so you have leave it loose!, it feels like it will eventually fall out like this.

I had to add axle spacers to the front axle to reduce side to side play, and had to move wheels in as they stuck out beyond the arches.

I added two M2 x 4mm hex head screws with washers to mount the motor to the pod securely to stop any movement.

The axle bushings needed oiling.

The guide often comes completely out when the rear end slides out too far.

For a hand finished car I was pretty disappointed, many things could have been done to make the car better and set up better. It also seemed that you may need to buy a few extra parts to set the car up well, such as screws, spacers, washers, magnet, not sure why they don't supply these considering the price of the car.
To be honest it is no better quality than a Slot.it car, if the car was supplied better tuned with all the necessary parts that you need, I mean just simple things like spacers, screws and washers this would make it seem worth the money.
I guess it is more of a marketing ploy to say that the cars are hand finished, I know that doesn't mean tuned to run on any track out of the box.

Anyway apart from all the moaning I can still see that this could be a great car as it is acclaimed to be and proven to be, it just needs quite a bit of tuning to get it running at its best, so yet more money to spend on an already expensive car. Fortunately I already have a lot of spares like spacers, washers, magnets, screws etc ect, but those that didn't would be not so happy, and it still doesn't mean that I won't be needing to buy parts to finish tuning my car just to get it to run half decently

· Registered
198 Posts
I just replaced all the NSR tyres for Slot.it zero grip fronts and yellow dog 1409 rears, the car runs much better now, as the the tyres I have put on the car give it more track clearance, which works better for my Scalextric track.

Shame I had to change all 4 tyres, as I know they are good tyres but just the wrong size I need.

I think from now on I will just buy the parts I need to make the car up, instead of buying a complete car and having to change half the parts on it.

I will say I like the feel of the motor(King 21), it is very smooth, it is the first time I have tried an NSR motor.

· Registered
198 Posts
Hi, after some tuning and adding 6 guide spacers, yes 6 guide spacers my car is running great, I'm pleased with it now, lol.

I was a bit disheartened at first as out of the box the car was sitting way low on my Scalextric sport track, after changing the front tyres to some Slot.it zero grips(Sipt07) I found that they were rubbing on the front light insert(black plastic piece), so I had to find another suitable tyre with slightly lower profile, I eventually settled on some Supertires 1400C(silicone), along with 6 NSR guide spacers(the 0.25mm size NSR4819) to get the front ground clearance on the car and to stop it scraping on the track.
The reason I went with the silicone tyre was because I thought they would offer less grip as I normally always use Urethanes on my track, silicones don't grip well if you have been using urethanes on the track, and so would act like zero grip tyres.

Along with some Yellowdog 1409Y Urethane rear tyres, the car was handling very well now.

Also I removed the awful looking inserts and now I can see the nicely finished NSR wheels, this makes the car look way nicer to the eye. The inserts turned out to be easily removed just by pushing them out with the axle.

I also cut just the bottom of the motor sticker off with an x-acto knife, as it was catching on the track joints and the sticker was looking untidy with all the damage.

· Registered
198 Posts
QUOTE (chris99 @ 5 Oct 2011, 16:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>ok spacers removed from pod screws & spacer put in the guide - track clearance is fine.

What guide spacers do you use, are they the NSR ones, how many did you use?

I see NSR make 2 thickness's of spacers, I had to use 6 of the 0.25 ones, but still get slight scraping in places and on some corners.

Is their not a thicker spacer that can be bought from somewhere or some brand, so I don't need to use 6 plus spacers.

Also my guide keeps popping out, not a problem as it is easy to push back in, maybe I should try the screw in guide?

· Registered
198 Posts
It's funny cause this out of the box was a big disappointment but after an hour or so tuning it, I can see what a great car it is.

I can also see it must have been designed to run on flat wood tracks or similar.

The car has definitely grown to be a favourite of all my cars very quickly, it handles like a dream, the motor feels pure quality, and sure is fun to drive.

I changed the stock 31tooth red crown for a silver coloured 33tooth, and boy it is quick.

I was worried about the high pinion of 14t on my not so big Scaley track, but it is just fine.

Smurfen - you are correct leaving the front body screw a few turns loose really helps in a few ways.

· Registered
198 Posts
It seems that the latest model Mosler cars have the the latest lower motor pods/chassis, and so have less track clearance, this is causing the cars to scrape on the track, especially on Scalextric type tracks. The older Mosler cars had more ground clearance and would therefore have run better out of the box.

So I believe anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.