SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
ok, I'm new to the NSR cars and have I am hoping to get an NSR Mosler MT900R (latest release model) in a couple of days.

First how do they run on Scalextric sport track?, and is any of the 3 motor configurations better suited to Scalextric track, the car I am possibly getting is in the anglewinder motor set-up.

Of course I know I can change the pods at some point and try out any other motor configuration.

Thanks for any information and comments.

Note: I posted this in the NSR support section by mistake also, sorry.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi
we use the NSR Mosler since last year. The car is very fast. I think the fastest of all NSR.
We only use the Angle or sidewinder car. The anglewinder has a bit of more power, but that is individual felling. I have both Side- amd Anglewinder Moslers.
It is a very good choice NSR Mosler. Track: Scalextric Track

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hi, we have a lot of these racing in our open class although a well set-up slot-it has been up there with it both a/w and sidewinder are used I prefer a/w,were running on a wood track but they also run well on sport this is nonmag no weight never tried them mag.You need to check the pinion/gear on the factory cars with a/w set up as they tend to run 13t pinion/31 gear which can make it a bit peaky on a small home track especially if you dont glue on the tires I use a 12t/32gear I find is more user friendly, were running these this thursday night at our club Scalemodels in Marple near Stockport bit of a run from the coast but your more than welcome car's/ controllers available to use first race night free if you want more info just ask. phil.

·
Registered
203 Posts
The car I am getting is this(just waiting on delivery): NSR MOSLER MT900R 24H ZOLDER 2007 #25 GULF 1093 AW, it has 14/31 gearing, I was wondering about the 14tooth pinion as this seems high, but maybe with the 31tooth anglewinder spur it may be ok.

I know the pinions on these NSR cars are 7.5mm, I have a new Slotting Plus pinion in my parts box which is 7.5mm and is a 12tooth, I wonder if this will be ok to use with the NSR spur gear?.
If not I could buy some NSR pinions anyway at some point, or I could even change the spur, but this again would mean buying one. Of course I will end up with selection of spares for this car anyway, as it is a habit of mine - buying spares that is.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hhhm, just read somewhere that these cars don't run so well with a magnet in!, I'll just have to wait and see then, not so keen on magless racing at home but I will still try this car without the magnet and see how it is.

I thought it was a good buy for what I paid for it, as it was only £49.99 new, about £10 more than your average price of a new Slot.it, so I couldn't resist as I have never ever tried an NSR car before.

I had trouble setting up my Slot.it cars to run good in anglewinder config with magnet in on my home Scaley track, think this car may be the same from what I read, hhhmm!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts