SlotForum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As part of the UK Slot Car Festival. Salvatore & Giovanni from NSR will be staying on in the UK (May 21-25) to tour various slot car clubs to meet racers & learn about what the race scene in the UK is all about. Obviously, it would be impossible to visit every club. This is where we need your help.
We are looking for 5 clubs from around the UK. Each club will be required to promote the event as an open night, not only for their own club members but for members of other clubs in the area.
NSR will bring along a set of cars for racing and be on hand to answer questions / help with car preparation etc.
Please consider your options, if you have a suitable venue, can open on any weekday night and can attract racers from other clubs in the area and most importantly want to make this work please let me know.

Sean

·
Lee Green
1,995 Posts
Im sure molesey will be up for this! Let them have a play on our new track!

Soon to be complete!

·
Marc Abbott
1,914 Posts
This sounds like a great opportunity!

Meet with an actual manufacturer, promote your club, and have a great days racing.

Nascot Wood are certainly interested and I would lean toward an all-day event rather than a club night - that way lots more visitors can come along and have a go with advanced warning.

I'll get the catering staff to start warming up the bacon rolls

There's a good solid base of clubs around the North and West of London plus others not so far away - so I can't see there being a problem bringing the drivers in.

Excellent stuff - looking forward to more info.

Marc

·
Lee Green
1,995 Posts
I think molesey if it comes to it can open every day of the week

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Norwich Slot Racing would be well up for this and with three other clubs in the county we can attract racers from a range if clubs. Put out name down!

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Hi Sean.
Mal is not on the Forum much, but I am sure Wolves would be very interested in having an evening with the dynamic NSR duo.
I will contact him tomorrow, and get him to confirm with you.
Cheeers Bill

·
Philip Insull
1,793 Posts
Hi Sean,
Malcolm has spoken to me about this and I think Wolves are happy to arrange an evening event for Thursday 24th May or Friday 25th if possible - no problem with it being an open event for anyone to attend, even those who don't understand that our lap timing/distance system is proven technology and works the same for everyone.

Cheers
phil

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Presto Park will be willing to host a night (race night is Wednesday) for the visiting NSR lads and as Ken said we are well catered for in Norfolk with 4 well supported clubs. (ASR, Norwich Slot racing, Kings Lynn & Presto) all running on wood tracks.

Sean put us down as well please. Mike

·
Matt Tucker
3,550 Posts
Sean
the racers at the newly appointed Rockingham Slot Car Club, nr Rockingham Raceway (Corby) would be extremely priveleged to host an event with the presence of NSR. We are situated just off the A14 with good access to racers from Leicester, Kings Lynn, Luton and Cambridge - basically anyone with a car!

We can offer our facilities on any week night and if it is a Tuesday, NSR can have the benefit of all meeting our BRSCA contingency which would provide a different aspect.

We race on a routed wooden sandtex surface 4 lane 110ft track. The NSR Ford P68 holds the lap record in one of our classes at 9.4 seconds although the Slot-It Alfa is hot on it's heels, however none of our members have managed to get the Mosler competitive in our unlimited GT class (in which it is eligible).

The only slight issue is we are currently moving in to the Rockingham premises and we should be completley up and ready by then unless things go significantly off schedule.

Matt

·
Registered
41 Posts
If they wanted a trip to sunny Devon im sure we can accommodate. NSR mosler has the track record at Honiton would be good to see if it could be made faster!

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
Thanks to everyone who has expressed an interest in accomodating NSR. Unfortunately the original plans have had to be 'shelved' until later in the year - probably September. I will keep on record those clubs interested and will start discussions again later in the year.
This has come about due to unfortunate accident to Salvatores wife who fell and broke her leg. She requires more hospital treatment in the week following the Slot Festival.
NSR will still be travelling to the UK and you can catch up with them on friday May 18th at Presto Park in Norfolk (see separate thread) and of course at the UK Slot Car Festival, where they will be on hand to answer your questions and listen to you feedback, views of the UK Slot Scene, NSR products etc.

Sean

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.