SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,707 Posts
I just got this car and love it. Well worth the money.

Of course I need to tinker with it a bit and I am intrigued by some of the chassis performance part available. Specifically the various spring sets and the chassis and motor mounts of different hardnesses.

I run a routed track so my question is: What should I buy that will help the car perform better? Do I want a harder or softer chassis? Medium springs or soft? etc.?

(Or are all these accessories just a waste of money?)

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Hi Slots.
If you have a smooth wood track, I wouuld not bother with suspension. If its a moderate grip track, and you use NSR Ultras, you could stay with the standard Black (medium hardness) chassis. If you upgrade the motor to a 25/30K shark then you may find an improvement bye using the Red (hard) motor mount.
If your track is a 'Gloss' surface then use the Red pod and standard or hard chassis.
If its a low grip track try the 'Soft' chassis and standard pod.
You will probably only find an advantage with suspension on rough or bumpy (plexi) tracks.
Cheers Bill.

·
Premium Member
2,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank Bill,

I have a very smooth track that is painted in a flat latex. Luff gave me a set of urethane tyres that are excellent.

·
Premium Member
2,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank Bill,

I have a very smooth track that is painted in a flat latex. Luff gave me a set of urethane tyres that are excellent.

G

·
I use to run my 917 on our wood track with these settings, Tyres glued and trued, front axle no flop (solid axle) rear tyres treated. No springs and standard chassis and motor pod and the obvious loosen body screws, front pod screw quarter of a turn out with the two rear screws half a turn out, you just want the pod to move but not much. Performance comes with gearing your choice. Take the spare tyre out of the back, replace standard guide with screw in guide… job done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.