SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

NSR1101 Ford GT40 MKII Le Mans 1967 UK Ltd Ed

Available now from your favourite UK stockist is this Limited Edition release. NSR have already produced the 4 different coloured MKIV's from the 1967 Le Mans 24's but as far as we are aware no manufacturer has ever produced a 1/32 RTR slot car of the MKII's that were used as back up cars to the MKIV's entered into this race. Using period coloured photographs and getting test sprayed bodies sent over from Italy we strove to get the closest match to the gold we could, and we must congratulate Salvatore and his team in Salerno for doing a fantastic job. The real car (actually a B version with a couple of differences) was driven by Roger McCluskey and Frank Gardner will be best remembered for being involved in a three car pileup in the middle of the night at "The Esses" that took out three of the works Ford entries, although Ford did go on to win the race some hours later with the red #1 MKIV.

NSR1101 FORD GT MKII LE MANS 1967 Gardner/McCluskey UK Limited Edition (500 Units) RRP £79.95

·
Registered
480 Posts
QUOTE (Nismo350Z @ 16 Dec 2011, 18:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Why is this beautiful car only available in the UK?

I want one.
Because David Cameron does not want any of you Europeans to get your mits on it
Seriously I'm sure that its a piece of cake to buy this from a UK dealer or is the Euro that worthless now Nismo?

I'm a sucker for GT40's and this one looks pretty cool to me, put me down for a couple one to rag and one to admire! All happening with NSR at the mo what with the R18 and now this. Merry Christmas NSR People

·
Registered
480 Posts
Oh wow! a GT40 model that a certain person doesnt approve of, how predictable.
I think that anyone who realy knows their Furd GeeTees would know the difference between the 66 and 67 Le Mans cars, not a great deal.. yes - yes - yes the front grille is different and the left hand rear grille was cut down to take the upright spare wheel but come on! (now you are making me look like an annorak!)

·
Registered
24 Posts
My Euro is fine, thank you.

All I'm saying is that NSR claims they make cars to be raced, not to be shelved. So why create a ltd.ed. of £79,95.
Here in Europe we can buy regular NSR cars for 69 EUR. That's about £58. Why do we need to pay a surplus of £20?

·
Registered
480 Posts
QUOTE (Nismo350Z @ 17 Dec 2011, 12:57) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My Euro is fine, thank you.

All I'm saying is that NSR claims they make cars to be raced, not to be shelved. So why create a ltd.ed. of £79,95.
Here in Europe we can buy regular NSR cars for 69 EUR. That's about £58. Why do we need to pay a surplus of £20?

OK maybe I was a bit out of order over the euro thing...sorry if (as usual) I offended, I was trying to make light of what may turn out to be a rough ride for anyone living in Europe.. but I dont get your last point. You said you wanted one then you slag the price?

Its a bit like saying I want a penthouse in Paris.......but I can only afford a bedsit in? Well somewhere else.........!

BTW there was a NSR LTD ED GT40 made for the US and one UK dealer was selling them for £180! (all sold, and no, I wouldnt have paid that either!)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I know the US edition: it's the Gurney/Grant 12h Sebring 1966 car. For sale on the net for $259,95.

I'm not getting that one.

If they just bring them as regular editions, we all can enjoy them at a fairly normal price.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Limited editions, obscure liveries, inflated prices etc - its called "marketing" gents get over it. Personally if I liked the livery and I could race it competitively at our club I would buy it to race - in this instance niether applies.
I would add that with a limited run of 500 it would probably be a good investment regardless of the premium price - you pays your money and take your chances.
What ever you do please do not accuse NSR (or any other manufacturer) of ripping you off when they charge a little more for a limited edition, remember they still have to go through the same research & development process as they would normally but can only spread the cost over the limited number of units produced and you get something special and unique.
Keep them coming NSR

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Lobsterboy you really think I care if NSR just repaints an existing bodyshape slotcar without retooling and updating the model? I am just disappointed with the compromise. If its a limited edition why not do a 'Racer' version and modify the body? but I suppose it would not sell at £200 rather than £79.

Why the predictable? If the slotcar is not going to be modified then its not a MKIIB. Wheither its tooling costs or not. Yes that would be heaven for the slotcar makers a race car that has infinite versions but the bodyshape is standard.

Surely the customer who does not know about the car should be made aware of the fact and left to decide wheither they what to purchase it. Informed choice!

If you want me to go into anorak mode I have replied in the NSCC newletter about the similar situation with the Carrera 1/24th No57 MKIIB slotcar.

I am quiet realistic in the tooling costs to rejigged the bodymould for a MKIIB which would make a short run incredibly expensive.

However, the one thing about the Ford MKIIB is that there are a least three major changes to its appearance.

1) The front clip was wider than the 1966 MKII and opened at the bottom. No 57 had a lip spoiler the other two (No5 and No6) MKIIB's did not. The hooked jacks were replaced with two triangle attatchments linked by a bar. The two ducts either side of the radiator opening were filled in.

2) The rear grille was cut away and modified in fact some of the bodywork was cut away for a spare wheel (this was carried in the nose clip of the 1966 car) that was carried upright on a tray and one upright luggage box. The rear clip was flared out for wider rear tyres.

3) The passengers door roof cutout was done away with and the top of the door was modified to open with a straight top.

So the Slot slotcar is still the 1966 car painted in the 1967 colour scheme.

And just about limited editions the NSR double Le Mans set I saw for about £180. The MKII Le Mans winner in it had a tampo a side sticker 102 from the Goodwood Festival of Speed!!
Regards Allan

·
Lee Green
1,995 Posts
QUOTE (GT40MKII @ 18 Dec 2011, 22:56) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Lobsterboy you really think I care if NSR just repaints an existing bodyshape slotcar without retooling and updating the model? I am just disappointed with the compromise. If its a limited edition why not do a 'Racer' version and modify the body? but I suppose it would not sell at £200 rather than £79.

Why the predictable? If the slotcar is not going to be modified then its not a MKIIB. Wheither its tooling costs or not. Yes that would be heaven for the slotcar makers a race car that has infinite versions but the bodyshape is standard.

Surely the customer who does not know about the car should be made aware of the fact and left to decide wheither they what to purchase it. Informed choice!

If you want me to go into anorak mode I have replied in the NSCC newletter about the similar situation with the Carrera 1/24th No57 MKIIB slotcar.

I am quiet realistic in the tooling costs to rejigged the bodymould for a MKIIB which would make a short run incredibly expensive.

However, the one thing about the Ford MKIIB is that there are a least three major changes to its appearance.

1) The front clip was wider than the 1966 MKII and opened at the bottom. No 57 had a lip spoiler the other two (No5 and No6) MKIIB's did not. The hooked jacks were replaced with two triangle attatchments linked by a bar. The two ducts either side of the radiator opening were filled in.

2) The rear grille was cut away and modified in fact some of the bodywork was cut away for a spare wheel (this was carried in the nose clip of the 1966 car) that was carried upright on a tray and one upright luggage box. The rear clip was flared out for wider rear tyres.

3) The passengers door roof cutout was done away with and the top of the door was modified to open with a straight top.

So the Slot slotcar is still the 1966 car painted in the 1967 colour scheme.

And just about limited editions the NSR double Le Mans set I saw for about £180. The MKII Le Mans winner in it had a tampo a side sticker 102 from the Goodwood Festival of Speed!!
Regards Allan

·
Registered
480 Posts
QUOTE (Flange @ 18 Dec 2011, 23:41) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>There you go

Ha Ha Ha...sorry Flange but I cant stop laughing over your reply

The limited US edition was the single metallic blue Grant Gurney car at that staggering 250 bucks! Predictable Alan, because anyone who knows you would have know straight away you would have been on here pointing out all the differences
Funny thing is you have already in your answer recognised why NSR and Carrera did what they did. All I can add is I hope my two arrive before I go to Aspen on Wednesday, if they look anything like the one in the top photo it will look pretty close to the 1967 car to me IMHO.

Gotta think about packing......so Merry Christmas to all and have a great new year. x

1 - 20 of 22 Posts