SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Matt Tucker
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had 3 club members say that with a recent purchases of NSR ultragrip tyres (not from the same source) that they have had them split along a weld line when they have just put them on appropriately sized rims. We analysed a couple and it seems the weld join is more prominent than seen in previous batches.

I have had no problems with any although the last batch I bought was about 3 months ago.

We feel that maybe the production process has been sped up to a point when there is not either the time or pressure being applied in the molds to allow the joints to meld sufficeintly.

Anyone else experiencing these issues? If this is a more common issue I would hope that NSR would look in to their production process to see if it can be rectifed.

cheers
Matt

·
re member
4,183 Posts
Some guys here(NZ/AU) have had that issue.There was a thread on the &^*(%$# forum a month or so back.Then it went quiet. The discussion was about using the correct rim size etc as the reason for splitting.
Maybe the seam welding was the issue.
regards

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I agree this shouldn't happen because lets face it NSR tyres aint cheap and they are touted as a premium product. But, gluing them to the wheels should eliminate this issue.
Obviously you may have already tried this, in which case just ignore me

Might be worth contacting the distributor: Gaugemaster UK or drop Salvatore aka NSR a pm on here.

·
Phil Kalbfell
3,373 Posts
I have seen this happen BUT mainly due to trying to use them on slightly bigger rims, or tearing the small bit of flashing off the inside of the tyre. Always cut the flashing off the tyre. Also some Super glues seem to cause problems with NSR tyres.

·
Ray
1,093 Posts
Hi we use NSR tyres almost exclusively and early on did have this issue when gluing the tyres onto the wrong sized rims. Have not noticed any issues recently but this doed not mean that there could be a batch issue.

regards

Ray

1 - 6 of 6 Posts