SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

ParrotGod
nice! Are you the one going to build them all?

Registered
I hope that most of the clubs give back to NSR for the free cars.

At the end of it all, maybe auction them off and send the money back to NSR.

100 clubs @ 10 cars each = 1000 cars (probably more cars than scaleauto sell in a whole year)

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope that most of the clubs give back to NSR for the free cars.

At the end of it all, maybe auction them off and send the money back to NSR.
Ignoring the preposterous gibe at Scaleauto I'll add a preposterous rumour someone suggested to me; that the giveaway was a write-off and tax dodge with added good PR. Whatever, I am faced with ten white kits to prep. Two batches of four and two hangers-on.

Batch one, primed.

Well, the main body bits, at any rate. Man! Sorting all the fiddly bits for ten kits is... time-consuming. #FirstWorldProblems

• Wow
Reactions: Neillie

ParrotGod
I am sure that they got some extra benefit from it...if it taxes (who pays taxes in Italy???) related I do not know.
For sure, they had all this stock of white kits sitting there doing nothing...because to tell the truth, as much as I like the 997 from them (their white kits are really nice detailed ones), these are not the best GT3 cars out there. It would have been more impressive if they had donated 1000 AMGs.
Anyways, now they have more floor space for other cars ;-)

Registered
I am sure that they got some extra benefit from it...if it taxes (who pays taxes in Italy???) related I do not know.
For sure, they had all this stock of white kits sitting there doing nothing...because to tell the truth, as much as I like the 997 from them (their white kits are really nice detailed ones), these are not the best GT3 cars out there. It would have been more impressive if they had donated 1000 AMGs.
Not the best but hey, they have a high Cog thats why its hard to tune them. On the other hand, in 1:1 did you watch the 24hrs Lemans just ended a few hours ago? Call my attention that the 488 Evo went away toooo fast in the straights, leaving the Porsche oficial Team in the dust(who at least seized third馃し鈥嶁檪锔),Im not used to see my fav Team smoked 馃槒

I have one Nsr Porsche with Black Swan Paintjob thats been my love and my headache since I tried to race with it, now its equiped with suspension and I hope next GT3 race that comes will get a podium(las time the tires fall apart and lost +-20 Laps fixing the problem) 馃槳.

Cheers

Registered
There鈥檚 a little proxy that features 997s in North America. A Gent seeking sponsorship from NSR, first in August and a follow up in November of 2020. He asked for 27 cars as prizes for participants and in return, social media coverage plus different slot car forums to promote the brand across the world. The Gent felt the 997 would be a perfect car for its own Proxy, similar to the IROC series as the car is tough to race competitively against other cars. 鈥.then who knows. It was an incredible gesture and a marketing genius idea and great for the hobby.

ParrotGod
Just to be clear, as a class on its own these 997 are fabulous: I had one such a class for initiating my oxigen GT3 drivers. And I still like the 997 whitekits and occasionally I buy some of the decorated ones.

Registered
Just to be clear, as a class on its own these 997 are fabulous: I had one such a class for initiating my oxigen GT3 drivers. And I still like the 997 whitekits and occasionally I buy some of the decorated ones.
Yes of course, I love them, great cars, I still will race it knowing that the Amg is better馃槈

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh, no! Not the NSR AMG. I was looking at mine the other day and thinking, 'Yikes! Slotification and then some.' They destroyed the shape of that gorgeous car. 馃槨

My own two NSR 997s are beasts. I did very little to them, they just weaponised themselves.馃憤

Anyhoo, I had my impatient pants on yesterday and cracked on with topcoat for two shells. Photos to follow.

ParrotGod
How about decals? Are you going to decorate all of them?

Registered
Wankel's link to the Oxford Club's website above has opened my eyes a little. It's a few years since I've raced on the Oxford track and, having looked at upcoming events on the Club's website, I realize that slotting has moved on to such a degree that I haven't got much, if anything, that's sufficiently modern to be eligible for racing nowadays.

Getting left behind again. Ne'er mind.

Marc Abbott
The Nascot Wood Porsches have arrived too and are being prepped and painted by Mark Long. Can't wait to start racing them as everyone will be on a level playing field (i.e I still won't win :) )
As we have a six lane track, 6 of the cars (plus 1 spare) will be used for racing and the other three will be prizes.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How about decals? Are you going to decorate all of them?
Jesus H, Gio! Painting ten of the little porky pigs is enough, surely??馃槵

Which is to say, I looked at what was available and didn't find enough that matched our lane colours.馃し鈥嶁檪锔

I may stick some race numbers and basic sponsorship on if time permits but that's dancing close to the edge of fantasy livery stuff an', as we all know, that's just wrong. Plain wrong and not the thing a gentleman does.

Ever.

Fortunately, I am not a gentleman.

Reactions: GRUNZ

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oxford's blue lane, green lane and yellow lane (no photo) are being catered for...

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wankel's link to the Oxford Club's website above has opened my eyes a little. It's a few years since I've raced on the Oxford track and, having looked at upcoming events on the Club's website, I realize that slotting has moved on to such a degree that I haven't got much, if anything, that's sufficiently modern to be eligible for racing nowadays.

Getting left behind again. Ne'er mind.
I meant to add, we have a raft of loaners from the club's pit box, if not from those belonging to the very friendly locals - BigC currently not racing with us so we are all friendly. Plus, shortly, and thanks to NSR (Is that enough suck-up?), we'll have a fleet of spiffy 997s. (y)

Tel
It might be a trick of the eye, but it looks like the rear end of the blue one is twisted, could be a bit more work for you fella :oops:
Nice shade of blue and green you have chosen (y)

ParrotGod
Martini stripes, Gulf circles, and Momo arrows a gogo???

Registered
WOW, Pedro Your quick off the make. I only delivered them Saturday lunchtime to you. Great start.
Only need to worry about 4 for the moment as they can then be raced. I'll have 1 or 2 and can paint them. Ease the burden and let you do some more of your own work (still waiting to see them in the flesh, from photos you have posted on them they do look great) Maybe Wayne and Steve or one of the other guys may want to paint one? 3 race numbers and some minor decals shall be fine. Built for racing not looking at.

Yes, it's a fantastic offer that NSR has given the lucky clubs that entered fairly quickly into the draw. Think they were surprised at how quickly they went? We shall be posting when we are holding Open meetings once all ready to roll.
I spoke to Abbo about a month ago. We hope to hold another Inter-club series over the Winter months 2021-2022
Most likely on each of the hosting club's usual club nights. Maybe even an Endurance or two on a Sunday?

Keep up the good work
John

1 - 20 of 51 Posts