SlotForum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Savage, the twist was temporarily enduced on the stand as I snapped the shells so no worries on that score.

r377, the only paints I'll ever use now - Zero Paints, from Hiroboy*. The blue is the Walkenhorst, the green is Aston Martin, the yellow (not in photo) for the Mann Filters AMG and the white (also not in photo) is white, for painting things... white. 馃憤

*Be sure and have good filters in your mask.馃槣

Reactions: r377

ParrotGod
No no, Pedro...the white is for Martini liveries...you know that you want it! ;-)

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Get thee behind me, Satan!

I feel grubby enough planning vanilla fantasies. Martini? Repsol? I'd need eternal forgiveness.

To the spray booth!!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Here's one of the current state of play for the bodies. Heh! It does look very much like one of the white cars got the second coat t'other was expecting. Oops!

En route and expected tomorrow is a jar o' British Racing Green and an jar of Camel Lotus yella. Nice. Can you guess what lane colours we use at Oxford?

Regrettably, I have been weak - forgive me Father for I have... - and some sponsorship decals are also en route. But not expected tomorrow. Fantasy liveries? Urgh! I feel dirty and unclean just typing this. I shall go and flagellate. :oops:

Premium Member
Here's one of the current state of play for the bodies. Heh! It does look very much like one of the white cars got the second coat t'other was expecting. Oops! View attachment 280317
En route and expected tomorrow is a jar o' British Racing Green and an jar of Camel Lotus yella. Nice. Can you guess what lane colours we use at Oxford?
Good work Pedro. Will they be ready for Tuesday as that should be my first time back at the club for 18 months...?

ParrotGod
Very good job. I love that blue...

Greg Gaub
Regrettably, I have been weak - forgive me Father for I have... - and some sponsorship decals are also en route. But not expected tomorrow. Fantasy liveries? Urgh! I feel dirty and unclean just typing this. I shall go and flagellate. :oops:
These are truly The End Times鈩

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Bonus points to Dope for nailing it.
Good work Pedro. Will they be ready for Tuesday as that should be my first time back at the club for 18 months...?
Geez, the cheek of the la'! No. No they won't be ready. Here's the current state of play:

That's all the cars with one coat of paint which, frankly, may be all they get. I'll pile on the clearcoat. Lots of other components have been primed and many painted. They'll not be ready for this Tuesday but I'm confident that the basic four for our lanes will be for the meeting after that.

How are other clubs doing with theirs? Since NSR are after publicity don't feel you can't pile in to this thread with your efforts.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Progress slowing but some topcoat has been applied in preparation for some minimal decal action. Also, hubs. 馃憤

Not in photo: cockpits, wings 'n' fire extinguishers.

In other news, the decals have arrived, super swift like from Atalaya and I've been slapping some on the yella fella in the above snap. But I've realised I have no drivers' names and the more I think about it the more I want to find some. Does a set of waterslides with driver names exist, does anyone know?

Reactions: GDSLOT

ParrotGod
Which liveries are you going for?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Is that you goading me? "Which liveries am I going for?鈥? 馃槨

I'll be making them up.馃槖 Like a GOP fantasist and pillow salesman, I'll be making them up as I go along.

Shabby. Is, as does and, yes, I'm shaking my head in disbelief at what I've become.馃槦

But on a more positive note, I think there's someone hereabouts who will tart his decal printer if you supply monies and a source file. I'm still wanting those driver names and figure, after another fruitless search of the internet, that d.i.y. is the way to go. On that side of things.

Anyone got a name for such??馃

ParrotGod
Ok, I might have missed something here. have you got some general decals from Atalaya?
As for the names, I am not following you there (sorry I am getting too old and slow): as an idea you could have the names of your club mates and have them printed.
Colin here should be able to help with the printing...but you have to make the files yourself.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Yes. Exactly. Yes.

Who is this Colin of which you speak?

And the clubbers' names was exactly my thought. 馃憤

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Ah. In my head - which, obviously, has suffered a lot of shaking in disbelief - I did think it was a username beginning with a w.

Much obliged.馃檹

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
One of the reasons I jumped to volunteer to paint Oxford's cars was a desire to try masking stripes. I'm now in dire need of more Tamiya masking tape and patience. Meh. I took pretty much an evening masking up three cars with very simple stripe-age and, by the end of the session, I just thought, 'Stuff it! That's good enough and I'll just deal with the consequences'.

Surprisingly, of the three, the two that I thought would suffer wavy lines and paint bleed were the two that came out the best (see photo). The less said about the other (not in photo), the better.

This snap taken after some remedial spraying (and masking!) and while there's new bleed it's minor and I can live with it. Anyone at the club who points it out can do one.:mad:

The inspired decision to put a yellow, lane-tape wide, stripe on a green car when Oxford has both yellow and green lanes, side-o by side-o, is I think, inspired. Also something the consequences of which we will all just have to deal with.馃し鈥嶁檪锔

And, sadly, my descent into depravity has begun; the fantasy liveries are taking shape....

Reactions: GRUNZ

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Yup, I'd planned to put in windscreen banners (if I can find a soul to print some*) and fake the door pillars.

Thanks again forWraith's details, NNeillie. I've just sent an email. Fingers crossed for a positive response. 馃

Reactions: Neillie
21 - 40 of 51 Posts