SlotForum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

Registered
I've made a sort of windows painting mask for the car, just put a masking sheet in the printer and with an sharp knife and a bit of time.

But I have not used them yet !!! I must not forget to mask the interior as well ;)
If you want the file to print tell me.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Oh my god! A generous offer to share and no mishtake but I have ten of these buggers to do an' after just spraying up ten cockpits, six wings and three or four sets of inserts I'm making a beeline for Shortcut City limits. 馃檮

ParrotGod
NIce job with the masking Pedro. The key thing is the tape you use. Not all Tamiya tape is the same.
I like the one that 1cm wide. I have learned the hard way to take my time. With the Playstation M6 livery, I even used a set of calipers to make sure that the stripes were not wonky.
The masking can take 1 hour to complete but it is worth it. Then on my spraying station (outside) I first spray clear cote with the airbrush to seal the mask. Wait 5 min or so in a warm-ish day (if it is too cold I use a hairdryer) and then go with the actual colour. Here the use of the airbrush is key to make sure that there is not overflow in parts where the paint does not need to go.
The thing is that the only way to learn is by screwing things up n-th times before you get the hang of it.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Spoof names? Yeah. Nah. Well, there is one that's going on some of the cars. Eventually. :unsure:

So, guess what I've been doing...
White Aircraft Toy Vehicle Aviation

I shall not lie, if I don't have to paint another cockpit floor, fire extinguisher or little 1:32 driver figure for the next year, I'll be very happy. Little sods! :mad: Throwing their arms on the floor and rolling their annoying little heads here and there. The good news is I only lost one gearstick.

The good-er-er news is I'm on to decals on multiple cars now. Wraith's decals appear to be of a most excellent quality.(y)

Registered
Spoof names? Yeah. Nah. Well, there is one that's going on some of the cars. Eventually. :unsure:

So, guess what I've been doing...
View attachment 282283
I shall not lie, if I don't have to paint another cockpit floor, fire extinguisher or little 1:32 driver figure for the next year, I'll be very happy. Little sods! :mad: Throwing their arms on the floor and rolling their annoying little heads here and there. The good news is I only lost one gearstick.

The good-er-er news is I'm on to decals on multiple cars now. Wraith's decals appear to be of a most excellent quality.(y)
Thats why during the quarentine spent most of my time painting figurines, as they requiere lots of time and patience 馃槈.

Cheers

ParrotGod
Nice job Pedro. NSR should hire you to decorate their bodies (ok sounds weird but you know what I mean ;-)).

41 - 51 of 51 Posts