teams will consist of 4-6 members
rules to follow

·
David K Phillipson
1,430 Posts
Scx 12 hour Rules
The car will be supplied as box standard by SCX
All teams will race the same car type
The car bodies will be sent to teams/clubs for Painting approx 2 weeks before event, the bodies cannot be modified in any way
A box standard rolling chassis will supplied on the day of the event plus spares
Chassis will be chosen randomly on the day by teams, by way of chassis number out of a hat:
i.e team "A" pick chassis 5 and team "B" pick chassis 1 and so on
There is to be no gluing of any part "the cars must remain standard" as supplied
Blue Tac or similar may be used as weight if required
Body screws may be loosened
No parts can be removed from the body or chassis to make it lighter
Teams can be made up of 4, 5 or 6 people, but all must race equal amount of time over the 12 hours
Team of 4 = 3 hours each racer; 5 = 2h.24mins; 6 = 2 hours
Each team will get approx 10minutes testing time on each lane
For the start of the race teams will randomly pick lanes and will race for approx 2 hours on each of the 6 lanes. Laps and sections of laps count
After the start of the race repairs and changes of tyres etc, will be undertaken during race time
When you wish to change parts you must notify race control he will tell you to instruct you driver to pit in the designated pit area this area is approx 2 feet long if your driver passes over the end marker he will have to carry on for another lap and so on until he stops in the required area.
When you change drivers/racers you must notify race control. It is up to you when you change racers however Race control will monitor the time that each driver spends on track warnings and penalties will be given to teams that allow driver to race more than their allowed track time
Teams will change drivers on the main straight of the track. This can be done at any time apart from 5 minutes before lane change and 5 minutes after lane change. Again all racers must do equal amount of track time.
Tyres cannot be treated however you can clean tyres with tape at race control

further rules may be added or present ones altered if needed for clarification etc

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
hi LMP
we asked melc at wolves over a month ago he said he was asking the guys but have had no reply after that

i will keep you in mind but others have been asked and they will have first refusal
dave can you shed any light on if other teams have got back

we are trying to keep it within 1 hour run to stoke so easy to return home on the day
we are looking at £30 per team which= £5 for a 6 man team; £6 for a 5 man; £7.50 for a 4 man

Robbo

·
John
1,340 Posts
Hi Fellas,

That includes all you fellas with lady gardens.

This sounds like it could shape up to be really exciting close racing. I was really impressed with the performance of the audi at gaydon and since we have run a box std scx event which was so much fun and tense to boot. There were no mechanical issues but it was just a series of sprint races.

Can't wait. Better get some tshirts and decals printed.

Any rules around car livery as I will try to get sponsorship for ours?

Cheers

BSN

·
David K Phillipson
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no response from wolves
have been informed of a possible date clash with a wolves event so probably not attending

no rules for livery,just no removing of parts (except to paint then all parts must be refitted)
body should weigh same as original after relivery, just remember this will be the body you will have to look at for 2 hours so psychedelic paint jobs wont be much good

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
QUOTE (davekp @ 19 Jul 2011, 23:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>body should weigh same as original after relivery, just remember this will be the body you will have to look at for 2 hours so psychedelic paint jobs wont be much good

so razor will not be doing his thing "psyco paint"
oh! he's the psyco

Robbo

·
David K Phillipson
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
team updates so far

1 nssrc
2 Quorn
3 Melton
all confirmed

4 battlezone
5 hawthorne
6 scalemodels
still waiting for confirmation

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Hi Dave/Robbo.
I have just seen this thread, and can confirm that your 12hr enduro does clash with Wolves Classic Saloon event of weekend 8th/9th October. As you will understand, most of the Wolves guys will be doing this one.
I hope your event goes well, sounds like a good formula, best wishes to all at NSSCC.
Regards Bill.

·
David K Phillipson
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
due to circumstances battlezone are not available for this event

if anyone would like to enter a team at short notice we do have a space available
rules are as above,

·
Phil Field
1,090 Posts
Hi,
If you are still looking for a team, Demon slot would like to enter,
Drivers would be Keith Clements, Ben Clements, Steve Jones, Craig Jones and Phil Field.

Cheers
Phil.

·
David K Phillipson
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thank you Hotlap you are very welcome

final teams now stand as

1 NSSRC
2 Quorn
3 Melton
4 Hawthorn
5 Scalemodels
6 Demon slot

payment methods will be posted after the weekend when I get back from Belgium

and we will need an address (by PM) for each team to send the bodies to nearer the time

·
John
1,340 Posts
And then there were 6

Can't wait for this after my previous debacle!

Now treat me gently, I have been away and lost track. ( age thing!)

I vaguely remember discussing the possibility of this being a series with rounds at each of the participating clubs?

How do we feel about that possibility?

Apologies for thread stealing.

Cheers

BSN

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
yo bsn
at the mo can't see why not
i will ask scx if they could back it
if not then lets see hows ours works out and do it between us

our idea was to keep it simple (simples) and cheap and to see how long the cars could/will last under extreme club racing
and bring clubs together that are not too far away from each other approx 1 hour (travel time has been an issue in other events + expence)
so call me cheap
also sick of doing the same type of event, this one is they same for all teams where there is no skill prepping the car because you can't (get it on the day)but in racing it, as it is totally box standard and no glueing of any part is allowed (see rules)
so bring it on

robbo

·
John
1,340 Posts
Thats why it was so appealing to us and apparently the others in a full entry!

Its all good as far as I am concerned.

I suppose it is a balancing act between preparation and durability for the cars, but the proof of the pudding will be in the racing!

Personally I think the SCX cars will be fine.

Any idea about which model we will be racing?

Cheers

BSN

1 - 20 of 61 Posts