SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Hi folks - confession/disclaimer up front none of these pics or videos are mine. They have been "acquired" and in some cases cropped from various sources who posted them in public arenas (polite words for Facebook, Instagram and other social media sources), from visiting Nuremberg this year. A few may even have been purloined from manufacturer or distributor information. So supplied on a "neither confirm nor deny" plausible deniability basis.

Some of the new Slot.it - Anyone for a Godzilla ? Will that be shaken or stirred sir?

ca47a-2.jpg

ca47a-3.jpg

ca47b-2.jpg

ca47b-3.jpg

ca47c-2.jpg

ca47c-3.jpg

And one of the big surprises a Ferrari 512M - It is coded and shown as Policar.

car08a.jpg

car08a-2.jpg

car08a-3.jpg

Slot.it also surprised us with a modern GTR GT3 Nissan - already shown on another thread, a generic modern F1 with halo and a removable nose that is

held in place by magnets, and flips off without breaking in crashes.- I like the idea, as broken noses are a reason I am not keen on F1 classes - or boxing.
It also shows the chassis with Slot.it's type C digital chip fitted, which will please some open wheel fans.

[media]http://youtu.be/RUrzI0wY1oA

There is also the Oreca LMP2 car - with the FIA? agreement for merger of LMP2 and Daytona prototypes, these models should now see wider acceptance
both sides of that wee moat that stops the Boston Tea Party argument flaring up again on long weekends. - couldn't resist the joke folks.....

The recently announced Ferrari 312 B2 was on show, as well as the long delayed, but now progressing Jaguar XJR 9 and 10, and the Maserati GT3

That is a lot of new models coming from one hobby brand maker in a single year. I can put pics up for these other models, if they aren't already shown
somewhere else of forum.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I think I heard mr Ferrari say in an interview (in German, the man is multilingual, check youtube) that in fact it is the Jaguar XJR 10 and 11 they are currently working on.
The Ferrari 512M is indeed a nice surprise, hope they do the CL too sometime.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I heard mr Ferrari say in an interview (in German, the man is multilingual, check youtube) that in fact it is the Jaguar XJR 10 and 11 they are currently working on.
The Ferrari 512M is indeed a nice surprise, hope they do the CL too sometime.
The English interview definitely said XJR9 and 10 - that's all I can tell you.

For interest; first is a pic from Nuremberg

ca42a-8.jpg

And a video of the demos on show, plus a couple of rather pretty Porsches

And this is the first livery out of the moulds - a Silk Cut, which I THINK is an XJR10 - not that this clarifies the matter - but nice to see what is coming

It will be coded CA42a

ca42a.jpg

·
Registered
644 Posts
Any word on the Chaparral 2G for this year? I think it was due for release last year and one source had it on the least again 2020, but I don’t see it on the slot.it website.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Hi - re: CA46a Chaparrel 2F

Fast Lucky - It is scheduled for 2020, but we don't have any info. on which quarter.

Mickey, it won't appear on their public website until it is close to being sent to dealers.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Thanks slotcrazy. Sorry about the alphabet goof. Will it be a SW motor pod like the other Classics?

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Any word on the Chaparral 2G for this year? I think it was due for release last year and one source had it on the least again 2020, but I don't see it on the slot.it website.
I read that it has been postponed following a problem with the chassis ... But it will be released this year
Hi - re: CA46a Chaparrel 2F

Fast Lucky - It is scheduled for 2020, but we don't have any info. on which quarter.

Mickey, it won't appear on their public website until it is close to being sent to dealers.
This came thru this morning/last night from MRE...the 2F may appear this year, the 2G at some point in the future

In other SLOT.IT news, we can tell you that the Chaparral 2F that was proposed at Nuremberg last year has been delayed. It is still in the plans, but problems with the chassis manufacture in China have meant virtually starting again. It may appear by the end of this year. The first release will be the # 15 car from Daytona 1967. Following the 2F, the Chaparral 2G that was announced a few years ago is also still on the list, although not a high priority. It has suffered the same delays as the 2F and so dropped down the priority list, but will come out eventually.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mickey, I am sure it will be sidewinder - mainly for compatibility in the classics series, but also because of motor fit.

I THINK I saw a picture of it from underneath on somebody's photos but must heave deleted it when tidying up my "research" (the polite word for plagurising many people's information :) )

·
Registered
644 Posts
Mickey, I am sure it will be sidewinder - mainly for compatibility in the classics series, but also because of motor fit.
I THINK I saw a picture of it from underneath on somebody's photos but must heave deleted it when tidying up my "research" (the polite word for plagurising many people's information :) )
Thanks again. I had been hoping for the SW setup as they are the most fun on my track and I already have at least two liveries of all the current Classics.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
The idea of a detachable nose on the genetic Formula One car seems like pure genius B)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts