SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another shameless plug !!

Got back from Nuremberg, and a full report on the MRE website now.

Although some early visitors beat us to it with some pictures, I think you'll find some news you haven't heard yet........

PS. Can anyone guess what I was most impressed with at Nuremberg ?

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
As ever, a great report and great photo's, Gary.

Did you hear anything about Spirit producing a Lotus 49?

"Can anyone guess what I was most impressed with at Nuremberg ?"

The beer?

Kind regards

Russell

·
Registered
349 Posts
Great job as usual Gary!

With all the "live" reporting going on these toy fairs (SCI/SF) it looks like the spark was lit under Gary to get his report done in record time!

All I can say is WOW there is alot of activity from the manufacturers aimed at us.

NEWS highlights for me are the Ninco 934s and the Fly Carrera 6's.

Sounds like Vanquish didn't have the cash to pony up for a booth since no one was able to find them anywhere. Too bad, maybe they had plans to go but the built their stand too big and weren't allowed into the trade hall. Will be interesting to see if the 1:28 debacle was a fatal mitake as 2004 rolls along.

Cheers all,

Ken R

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
QUOTE ...they built their stand too big and weren't allowed into the trade hall...

My keyboard wishes I didn't have a mouthful of coffee when I read that...

Thanks for the report, Gary!

·
Registered
186 Posts
fascinating stuff- I like the street ninco 911 turbos.

The slot.it lighting kit for the 956 looks good, too. hopefully it'll be easy to fit to the cars...

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Now you're back Gary, how about those Jag bodies? Hmm? I'll only spend the money on something else....
But great work at Nurnberg! Thanks.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Nice info and lovely pictures, thanks.

I must be a little confused, but I have this vague memory that I recently in one of the messages here saw some-one mention new classic F1 cars from the middle / late sixities (not the Vanwall or Maserati). Now I cannot find it anymore...

For a while I thought it was MRRC that were to build them but I did not see any sixties GP car (anywhere?) on the MRE website. Except of course those Reprotec presented last year. Does anyone know what is happening with Reprotec - have not heard any news what so ever regarding them. Do they still deliver new cars or are they defunct?

//peter

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Reprotec: Actually they did release the repro-Scalextrics 250SL and Porsche 911, but not in all liveries they announced for November 2003.

I think the're still alive... funnily enough, they are the smallest spanish RTR-company in the Low-price-sector, yet the only one to have a completely well-functioning webpage.

Does anybody know what happened to Cartrix? I know they released the NSX, but back in 2003 they announced a LOT of cars in Nürnberg. Had they feeling they wanted to step up to a size comparable to Spirit, Vanquish and TeamSlot.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Reprotec are producing the older GP cars, taken from the tooling for the Scalextric Honda V12, McLaren M9, BRM H16, Cooper, these may have been the cars you were looking at. There are no other plans by anyone for 1960's GP cars as far as I know, and there were none at Nuremberg.

I listed the manufacturers that were not represented at Nuremberg, no big surprises especially with Vanquish MG if the rumours have any basis in fact. For me, the surprising absences were Pink Kar (although Rafel was there he had no new products, and only news that the carbon fibre cars will be available sometime this year) and Racer, who in the past have shown their new items. I was hoping to get some news about the Ferrari P4 Spyders, but none was available.

Nice try about the beer Russell, I thought you would suggest the Carrera girls !

Two things did strike me as notable : the total reliability of the SCX Digital System, and the fact that the Ninco Porsches are fitted with Pro Shock parts. Obviously these things work better than my little experience has suggested.

But which car did I think was the most interesting ?

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No news from Spirit about a Lotus 49. But, I have just received a mail from them with details of some new cars for release in April, including a Ferrari 512 Spyder. I'll get the pics onto the website over the weekend.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
OK tell us Gary before I tell your Mrs. about Frau Slottie Von hellobigslotracerboy the famous Bavarian pub act and general all round good girl that you deny any knowledge of?!!

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Peter- were you thinking of the Beardog F1s, about which there was a long and interesting discussion a few months ago? Check their site, or look up Beardog in the Slot Forum search. I'm waiting for them myself- the first pictures of an Eagle look absolutely fabulous.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
QUOTE (Dennis David @ 13 Feb 2004, 07:09 AM)Guys Nurnberg and Nuremberg are two different places.
No, they're not. Nürnberg and Nürburg are two different places.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I love this Forum...can`t even agree on the way the planet is laid out now! Who cares, Gary come on stop hiding behind your counter mate and spill the beans

·
Premium Member
5,399 Posts
QUOTE I love this Forum...can`t even agree on the way the planet is laid out now!

Ditto!

I think it was the mighty Scalextric themselves who said they would be doing some of the retro F1 stuff.

Spill the beans MRE and while you are at it, what do you mean by this;
QUOTE ...especially with Vanquish MG if the rumours have any basis in fact.

What rumours?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Thank you Gary and others with your efforts to help me in the search for the forthcoming classical F1 cars. It seems to be like the holy grail - might have been all in my imagination though since I have not found what I was looking for yet... BUT just in case I am not totally mad I promise that if I DO find out about new F1 Classics (or classical GP cars from the sixties) I will inform you on this forum.

When it comes to Reprotec - yes they are nice as reproductions - I have a couple I bought when I was in Spain last year. But do they actually deliver any NEW products? All I have seen for sale is what shops have bought a while ago - so the question is - are they taking new orders? And are they delivering?

Another thing is that last year they also mentioned a Ferrari among their F1 Classics - does anyone know if (when?) they will make it. Have never actually seen any picture of the Reprotec F1 Ferrari, but it is mentioned on their website in the list of classical F1.

//peter

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I think the Cartrix cars are the vintage F-1 you are talking about! I had the same recollection of hearing something & then not seeing anything concrete until MRE's future cars post.

Gary, could it be the Revell & Top Slot jags that have you worked up? i justrecall A thread a week or so ago with you blathering about how much you like Jags.

I would say i was excited about the top Slot stuff, but it's a mystery on how to get them in the US of A.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts