SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gregory Petrolati
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the club racers... This one is an Ocar Alfa Romeo Gilulietta (gotta thing for Alfas too). Underneath is a hybrid chassis. I had an Revell brass chassis on hand. The motor which was HUGE was thankfully deceased. I decided to adapt modern running gear to this "old timer". The motor is an AE slim can soldered to the old revell mount. The gears are BWA (pinion) 10 T and a Slotit 30T crown. The chassis was originally set up for 1/8" threaded axles which needed to be modernized. I soldered a tube to the front axle carrier and soldered in a down tube for a Slotit universal guide. The car now has 3/32" axles with what may be some of my very last BWA wheels. The wheels were 32000 and 32002 rejects that weren't properly tapped for screws (I had two of these which Al replaced) I used red loctite to fasten these on one side of the front an rear axles the others I was able to tighten traditionally. The inserts are BWA and I believe they were for a racing Jaguar with knock offs I cut off the knock off and turned them down a bit. They look like a pretty close match for Campanolo alloys.

The body needed some work to get it to where you see it.... not unusual for Ocar. It's painted with Duplicolor Royal Blue for the challenger stripes and a Frost Blue I had left over from another project. I had seen a Giulietta painted this way at Monterrey and thought is a very nice and unusual color for an Alfa. The decals came from various sources and the driver is back behind the wheel after a 6 year retirement (his previous ride was a Ferrari).

Greenman62

·
Registered
973 Posts
Great minds thinks alike (so do small ones, but never mind). Is it possible that you have more Alfas than I do?
Those alloys are quite hard to replicate.

·
Gregory Petrolati
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE Is it possible that you have more Alfas than I do

I dunno... probably not. But Ive built a few over time. For instance

Not shown are an Ocar TZ2 and 2 Slotits in original livery... I tend to go for quality and not quantity

Greenman62

·
Gregory Petrolati
1,022 Posts
QUOTE I really like your vision of race cars Greenman.

Thank you! The Pros may spend more money and get more of the limelight in motorsports... these days its soul really lives in the vintage and club racers. Those folks who manage to continue racing without a lot of sponsorship, the "unsung heroes"... to steal a proxy race title.

Greenman62

1 - 6 of 6 Posts