SlotForum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, after a long wait I am about to get my slot car track up off the floor and on a layout in a purpose built room. I have many buldings and such that have lived in boxes for a number of years and have started looking for figures . I saw an add on a train website for O scale figures that look very nice. By Bachmann. My question is, are O scale figures close to 1/32? Thank you for any feedback. Regards, John

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
The scale originates in the model railway world where O gauge is normally taken as 7mm to the foot or approximately 1:43
Bachmann are a major model railway producer.

1:43 is a very common scale for static car models and some slot cars are made that size. Put one of those alongside its 1:32 cousin and the size difference is obvious.

1:43 figures are about 3/4 the height of 1:32.
Underscale scenery in the background can be used to give a perspective effect. If done well can that can look good, although not everybody likes it.

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
A 1/43 Corgi figure & a 1/32 Scaley figure on my 1/40 Jouef layout.

& the same Corgi figure on my 1/32 Scaley layout.

You can see that smaller figures are no good on a 1/32 layout.
Cheers,
Kev.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
If you go on the famous auction site under toys and type 1/32 figures you should get some bulk Chinese figures also in the military toys area 1/35 is very popular

·
Registered
851 Posts
British O scale is 1:43
US O scale is 1:48
Not sure about Europe... Confusing, eh?

There is a lot in 1/35 available, as Mas mentions.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
QUOTE (Datto @ 3 Apr 2012, 17:26) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>British O scale is 1:43
US O scale is 1:48
Not sure about Europe... Confusing, eh?

There is a lot in 1/35 available, as Mas mentions.

Actually, he's too modest to mention it but Datto does a few himself and he could possibly hook you up depending on what he has in stock.!

·
Premium Member
2,699 Posts
Good idea Masmojo. What is the consensus; do 1:35 figures look and feel realistic or are they still small?

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
QUOTE (Slots-O-Fun @ 4 Apr 2012, 12:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good idea Masmojo. What is the consensus; do 1:35 figures look and feel realistic or are they still small?
Six foot at 1/35 scale is about the same size as 5ft 6in at 1/32 scale so it won't look all that far out.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I think G scale is closest to 1/32 and there are figures available in that size

·
Registered
851 Posts
QUOTE Good idea Masmojo. What is the consensus; do 1:35 figures look and feel realistic or are they still small?

And it can depend on which figures as well, 1/35 Tamiya figures are very carefully scaled in general, but 1/32 MRRC figures can be oversized. But people do come in a variety of sizes, so mixing it up a bit can only help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts