SlotForum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hallo,

I have installed o2 crono on my computer (Win 7/64).
I can start the Programm and I see that my car is conected.
If I drive over a magnet with the car it counts.
But when I start a race it does not work.
As well I can not stop the race. The only way is to close o2 and start it again.
With pc lapcounter I have no problems.
Does anyone now the problem?

Thanks for help Holger

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hallo,

the hardware is all on the most current version.
When I start crono I see the that

and all works well.

But when I start a race i see that

and it does not work.

mfg Holger

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hello,

I have the same problem on my w7 64bit but i have also problem in Pc Lap Counter , with my w7 32 bit no problem.
I reinstalled completely my w7 64bit to have a clean computer (OS + O2_chrono + AVG for antivirus) but it not solve the problem, i tried another w7 64 bit computer and same problem.
Really don't know why it's not working because other users already use O2 chrono on w7 64bit with success, all my computers come from Dell , what about your computer ?

Regards.
Guy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hallo,

I tried it on 2 win7/64 computers and on 1 win xp computer.
All time I have that problem with crono.

Regards
Holger

·
Vendor
2,920 Posts
We believe we've been able to reproduce the issue by doing this:
1 - we have a computer with two accounts, both of which are administrator of the computer.
2 - installation is performed as, say, account 'Stefano', who is an admin of the PC
3 - running Crono from another account, e.g. 'Maurizio', PC admin as well, fails, due to the lack of a settings file. When this file is copied manually inside a prescribed location belonging to user 'Maurizio', then everything works.

So, it looks like the the reason is that a setting file is not properly read under certain conditions. This is true at least on our PC...

So, we're working on two lines

a - recompile Crono with the latest version of Labview. We've read in LV's forums that the version we used so far does not have full Win7 support - it may work or not...
Up to now, the newly recompiled version for Win7 seems OK, and seems to be more responsive. This may also have implications for the bootloading software.
b - the next release of the Crono sw will properly check for the presence of the setting file, then if not present, it will create its own. Actually, the installer will not attempt to create it. This may also enable standard users to launch the program without resorting to 'admin' privileges. Not sure. In principle running as admin is not advisable, so we'd like to get rid of that too

I believe the new version will be released within this week.

Regards
Maurizio

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi Maurizio

I have only one account and it's an admin, i could be wrong but i don't think the problem is in the O2 chrono because on my x64 computer i have also problem with Pc Lap Counter , with Pc Lap Counter i can start a race but the cars often stop and when it happen i have seen that the led of the controller is OFF and after some seconds the led come back ON and flashing and the cars restart.
If you want i can give you access to my x64 computer via teamviewer but i can do it only after 20H.

Regards.

Guy

·
Vendor
2,920 Posts
We've made inroads in the new version of the Crono sw. Basically most problems seem due to the placement of directories.
We've reached the point now where as 'normal user', not 'administrator', everything works if the writing of the backup files is inhibited. The engineer working on this matter is now off work for one week, after which work will resume with the objective of releasing a new version within the end of next week

Regards
Maurizio

·
Vendor
2,920 Posts
Hi
We've got now a version up and running that does not require you to be 'Admin', but is happy if you are a 'User with Admin privileges'.
So far, it works well with Win7 - 64bits, too.
We're checking and polishing a few things and then it will be released.

Regards
Maurizio

1 - 11 of 11 Posts