SlotForum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, and a happy new year.

It's about time I present to you all : "OAK VALLEY RACEWAY" - named after the area I live in, in Denmark.
(To you danes it's Egedal......................of course...... ;-) )
It's a "fantasy" track, inspired by a lot of tracks, found here on Slotforum and on YouTube.
I'm 49 years old. When I was a kid, I had a smaller Märklin track, that i loved, but never got to extend, due to
missing the relevant economy.

It's a SSD track, with SSDC, PitPro with Pit-IN/OUT and C7042 upgraded to newest firmware.
There are 4 (2x2 & 2x1) different driver-stations, around the table, and two computer-monitors.
The track is powered by INOX .......................... and two standard scalextrix power supplys.
The track is permanent, in our basement, and is laying on a table that measures ca. 7,5 x 2,5 meters.
The track has 2-3-4 lanes functioning. Always dreamt of a 4 lane analog track, so now that I had room for it, there had
to be 4 lanes on some of the layout. During racing it primarily the two lanes in the middle that are used, but the 2 extra
lanes gives good room for tailsliding, and cars that run off, get out of the way. Where possible the extra lanes are used,
for replacing cars, so that you dont replace cars, directly on track where others are coming at full speed.
There are grabbers available, for extreme situations...................

Regarding the cars :
Most of my cars have had the magnet moved to the most forward position. This allows for some tailsliding, and
reduces the top speed, and I think it gives some more authentic racing. And there is less damage in collisions
when my friends are over, to have a good time. - and it also gives me less stress, as I am the one providing the cars. :-D

29. of january 2012 I'm going to host a meeting for other danes, having SSD as their hobby. Currently we are going to
be 10-12 persons.

Overview :

American muscles :

American muscles :

First corner, named Gasolin' :

The airfield front :

The airfield back :

Lift to the upper skiresort :

The near by city :

Garage :

Garage :

Garage :

Garage :

Garage from the back :

Harley Davidson Chikane :

Infield :

Motorcycles scenery :

Nascar :
´
Nascar :

Nascar :

Pit area :

Pit area :

Pitlane :

Spectator parking :

Working area :

Working area :

Close to finishline :

I hope you enjoy it.

Best regards

Ivan K.

·
Greg Gaub
14,651 Posts
Wow. Very nice! It will be a great track to start off the Danish Scalextric Digital club.

I love how so much of the scenery is actually track, such as the extended pit lane with crossovers and one lane is dead, so lots of cars can be safely parked on it, and you've placed logos all over so people know the difference. Also, the little loop where the NASCARs are sitting, as if they are racing in circles. They're turning the wrong way, though.

Thanks very much for sharing all those pictures!
I don't suppose you have a plan of it anywhere?

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Interesting layout. I noticed that you are using some kind of free standing lights around the track.

Do you care to share more information about them?

Cheers and keep up the great work in 2012!

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi all

I don't think these pictures offers the track justice - I must try to take some better pictures soon.

Mqmike : YES - it's a lot of fun

MrFlippant : You're being very kind! - i know you hate 4 lane digital........
Don't know if we are about to start "Danish Scalextric Digital club"- maybe or maybe not. Let's have a look at it.
I had to do something about the dead lane, because visitors tend to forget it's dead, when the heat is on. And it does
make room for tailsliding................
I will consider swapping direction on the nascars......
Sorry no plan...........currently.

GlovemanP510 : The backdrop is fun. Actually it's a magnet-board, that came with small car&fly magnets. I think it's funny.

Sealevel : The free standing lights are battery operated LED's. There are 8 led's in each. It cost a little more than 2£
and a little less than 3 Euro's.
The quality of the product is nothing special, but very nice to that price. I must take som night-shots as well

FDLG : I'm looking forward to seing you all

HAPPY : Yes ! it's pretty fast. But you also have to take care in the turns. There are not two turns that are 100% alike

Best regards

Ivan K

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Hi Ivan

Nice track dude.

I love your airfield with all the choppers, quite a collection !

Cheers

Si.

·
Mr. Olufsen
1,212 Posts
Yes, Minardi, you're right - including pictures of the massive 3-lane pit area, it's so great.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hi Ivan
I thought id drop by n have a little look at your circuit,looks cool n a lot of fun,lots going on buddy,you need some of them biker figures for your motorbike section

1 - 17 of 17 Posts